“Convenient, clean, and good deal”

Hotel Aeropuerto Costa Rica
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Alajuela
Reviewed 13 October 2011

It was close the airport, they paid for the service to and from the airport,and it was a clean airport with great surrounding.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ivi_smokey_ivi

Reviewed 10 October 2011

We enjoyed our stay here- It is a very pretty place with a very nice costa rican feel. They were very helpful-even helped with our rental car- and the food was delicious. It is not a brand new hotel but clean, safe and comfortable! Gracias !

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2011

A long time resident of the area recommended that we stay there instead of the traditional Marriott or Hampton Inn before an early morning flight. We were delighted and will definaelty stay again. The room was basic but immaculate, the staff could not have been amy more pleasnat and accomodating and the food in the on-site restaurant was good and at an excellent price. Grounds lush and tropical. Even though we had been directed otherwise, we made a mistake at the airport and got into a red cab instead of an orange cab (hustled by the cab driver) to go to the hotel. Our mistake cost the hotel something but they were still quite understanding and absorbed the expense with a smile.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We had to travel from Puerto Viejo to San Jose the night before our flight home and were very pleased with our choice to stay at Hotel Aeropuerto.We had a wonderful dinner in the restaurant at a very reasonable price.Our room was clean,air conditioning cold and a HOT shower.Everyone was helpful and after a complimentary breakfast we were taken to the airport by a member of the staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2011

This hotel was recommended to me by a Costa Rican friend of mine. Correspondence was prompt and professional via email prior to our stay. We only stayed one night at this hotel before traveling to Arenal. Once we arrived, we immediately felt welcomed by the staff at Hotel Aeropuerto. It was very clean and amazingly quiet, peaceful, and restful given how close it was to the airport and big cities of Costa Rica. We relaxed in the outside lobby area and enjoyed our first beer in Costa Rica before exploring the neighboring areas. I had a goal to find a long lost friend who lived in near San Jose in Costa Rica, and after I told David (front desk staff) that we were unsuccessful in finding her, he found her through a 5 minute computer search! This went above and beyond my expectations and really meant a lot to me. Breakfast was very good and complimentary. We met other travellers at the hotel who had nothing but great things to say about the hotel and staff too. I look forward to staying at this hotel the next time I visit Costa Rica!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2011

This was my first visit to Costa Rica, and it went by flawless, forest, activities, resorts, and mainly photography. I didn't want to just end my last day, rush to the airport and head back home, so prior to my departure, I searched for hotels near by the Airport. I came across Hotel Aeropuerto, and I liked what I saw and read about it. I made reservations to stay there my last two nights in Costa Rica. I really enjoyed my stay there. I like the layout of the place, surrounded by beautiful gardens, nice pool, food is delicious, and everyone is very friendly, professional, attentive, and courteous. I was suppose to just relax and rest, but I felt tempted by the surroundings that I found myself taking pictures, again! Especial thanks to Candy for her advise and suggestions when visiting San Jose, they were very helpful....These are some pictures of the many that I took in the surroundings of Hotel Aeropuerto......and.... as it is commonly said in Costa Rica, my whole experience was without a doubt.......PURA VIDA !

Ricardo Encarnacion; Los Angeles, California

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2011

If you are stuck near the airport in San Jose Costa Rica for a night or two, try the Hotel Aeropuerto. The best aspect about this hotel is that you get to forget that you are in a city, because the hotel is surrounded by local plants, trees, and even birds. It is like being in your own personal oasis, and you can pretend that you are in a jungle environment rather than in an antiseptic American hotel. They offer free shuttle service (be sure to ask for a taxi if you need airport transfer; the hotel will pay for the taxi when you arrive at the hotel). They offer a free authentic Costa Rican breakfast, the lounge is very cozy, and the bartenders are a blast! The rooms are simple, but good for the price, and they offer the basic amenties and are clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robin B
Travellers also viewed these Alajuela hotels
Hotel Brillasol Airport
Holiday Inn Express San Jose Airport
Villa San Ignacio
Villa San Ignacio
#9 of 27 in Alajuela

Been to Hotel Aeropuerto Costa Rica? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Aeropuerto Costa Rica

Address: West From Sjo International Airport 4km | On the Interamerican Highway, Alajuela 20104, Costa Rica (Formerly Hotel Aeropuerto San Jose Airport Costa Rica)
Region: Costa Rica > Province of Alajuela > Alajuela
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#9 Family Hotel in Alajuela
Price Range: £53 - £78 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Aeropuerto Costa Rica 3*
Featuring free transportation from and to SJO International airport, this comfortable hotel is an ideal base for your trip (3 stars). Those traveling long distances will particularly appreciate the proximity of the hotel to the motorway. The hotel is located in direct proximity to the airport (4.0 km). The reception desk, which is manned 24 hours, also has a hotel safe. The hotel provides free WI-FI in your room or via a wireless connection in public areas. Feel free to enjoy room service or the wake-up facility when staying at the hotel. The hotel operates a suite of business facilities. The friendly team at reception will provide you with more information on the hotel's own car rental offer. Don't worry about finding a parking space, the hotel offers free parking for guests. The rooms benefit from cable television and telephones. All bathrooms are naturally equipped with a hairdryer. Do you want to book a non-smoking room? Are you traveling with your family and do you need a cot? We will gladly cater for your wishes - please indicate them when booking your room. Your room also has a safe. Air-conditioning ensures that the room temperature is always comfortable. Whether you just want to play around or you take your training seriously, the hotel swimming pool is there for you! Forget the worries of the day as you enjoy a relaxing massage. Treat yourself to a meal in the restaurant, with outdoor seating, where diabetics and vegetarians can find tasty dishes too. In the evening we will welcome you to the hotel bar. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Aeropuerto Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Aeropuerto Hotel Alajuela