We stayed here the night before leaving Costa Rica to the US. I actually got more than I initially expected. Good value for the money. We paid $90 for two and included taxes, buffet breakfast (Costa Rican style), and transportation to the airport. This hotel is deal for an overnight stay close to the airport.
CHECK IN is at 2pm and CHECK OUT is at 12 noon. Most places have a 3 or 4pm check in and 11am check out.
The ROOMS were simple but big and clean, with wireless internet, A/C, hair dryer, coffee maker, soap, clean towels. NO microwave, no refrigerator.
The LOBBY is open with a high ceiling. They have drinks there and I saw people sitting around or reading a book. They have a small souvenir shop (but very limited).
The POOL was small but clean.
The GARDENS were nice with mango trees, a star fruit full of star fruits, and several other trees and plants and all were marked with wood sings or little pink ribbons. I didn't expect to find a hotel with nice gardens and big trees right outside the airport and close to the highway. We walked around a little bit the evening we got there and again the next day after breakfast.
They have SECURITY staff and I felt very safe. There is a gate in the entrance with a guard. I saw guards around the hotel and the restaurant. I was told the owner lives in a house in the back of the hotel so you would see guards at the entrance, around the hotel and in the back of the hotel, walking around.... I guess his safety becomes your safety too.
They have a small BAR, a RESTAURANT with ROOM SERVICE. We didn't know until we saw a waiter carrying some food to a room. We were told on our ride to the airport that they had a menu in the rooms with the phone number but we didn't see it when we looked for it the night before but the man who drove us to the airport (I'm not sure if it was the owner or his brother...) seemed to liked the suggestion about making sure all rooms had it available and on sight...
The hotel is not too far from a small MALL with a movie theater, an ice cream shop (POPS), a souvenir shop, Payless shoe store, a toy store, clothes stores...
The STAFF was very nice, friendly and helpful; their English was limited but since I am originally from Costa Rica it wasn't an issue and my husband had no problems when he went to ask for an OUTLET ADAPTER to plug my lap top or when he went to get something printed out... Our bartender (waiter at breakfast), Minor, was very nice and friendly and is trying to better his English (he seems very eager to improve it). If you think they are having problems understanding you just try to slow down and most likely you won't have a problem.
Their website is hotelaeropuerto.co.cr
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring free transportation from and to SJO International airport, this comfortable hotel is an ideal base for your trip (3 stars). Those traveling long distances will particularly appreciate the proximity of the hotel to the motorway. The hotel is located in direct proximity to the airport (4.0 km). The reception desk, which is manned 24 hours, also has a hotel safe. The hotel provides free WI-FI in your room or via a wireless connection in public areas. Feel free to enjoy room service or the wake-up facility when staying at the hotel. The hotel operates a suite of business facilities. The friendly team at reception will provide you with more information on the hotel's own car rental offer. Don't worry about finding a parking space, the hotel offers free parking for guests. The rooms benefit from cable television and telephones. All bathrooms are naturally equipped with a hairdryer. Do you want to book a non-smoking room? Are you traveling with your family and do you need a cot? We will gladly cater for your wishes - please indicate them when booking your room. Your room also has a safe. Air-conditioning ensures that the room temperature is always comfortable. Whether you just want to play around or you take your training seriously, the hotel swimming pool is there for you! Forget the worries of the day as you enjoy a relaxing massage. Treat yourself to a meal in the restaurant, with outdoor seating, where diabetics and vegetarians can find tasty dishes too. In the evening we will welcome you to the hotel bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Aeropuerto Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aeropuerto Hotel Alajuela
- Hotel Aeropuerto Costa Rica Alajuela