A great place, the quality of the rooms was very good, large glass walls overlooking the forest. Nice birds flying around, beautiful flowers and plants; reception staff quite friendly.The food was very good, I wish deserts were healthier, such as with agave syrop or stevia, but not full of sugar. There was no yoga every day as mentioned, but did not really needed it as the place was awesome and invited to meditation.
-rooms have no phones and you are not able to call the reception in case you need something
-quite cold, both in the wet and dry season; very rainy in the wet season and cold at night, and aparently even colder in the dry season, I wonder if it is ever warm and how do they do when colder and with no heating...
-prices for massages/treatments are high (they are higher than in the US)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-Class yoga instruction, acres of natural beauty, delicious healthy cuisine and spa services unrivaled in Costa Rica await inside the cloistered walls of this magical retreat. Tropical rain forest, active volcanoes, mountain cloud forests full of rainbows, breathtaking beaches and exhilarating white water rafting beckon the adventurer in you, all within a few hours drive of our eco-chic spa and wellness resort in the world's greenest country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers so you can book your Pura Vida Retreat & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pura Vida Spa & Yoga Retreat Hotel Alajuela
- Pura Vida Spa And Yoga Retreat
- Pura Vida Wellness Retreat Spa
- Pura Vida Retreat & Spa Costa Rica/Alajuela