This review is a bit overdue, I stayed in January. But since I just booked to go back again, I thought it was time for a review! First tip ... don't expect over the top luxury. Do expect, clean, comfortable rooms, magical grounds, fresh, amazing food and complete peace. Also, when we were there they shut off the electric for a couple of hours in the day. Just normal energy saving thing, but be aware.
My sister and I shared a villa and it was very spacious with a nice patio overlooking the mountains. We could hear a little road noise, but no biggie. We were with a group of about 20 on a yoga retreat, and the room we practiced in (Lila Hall) was spectacular. We were on a Bikram retreat and the heat was a little inconsistent, but who cares, the view was that good!
Our retreat included three meals a day and everything was delicious. One protein choice with every meal, and a lot of vegan and GF options as well. Don't miss the smoothies and the ginger tea...SOOOOOOO good! (not included, but very reasonable) The gift shop there is also nice, with some affordable surprises: pretty yoga clothes, hand made cards, etc.
The resort also arranged for an aerial silks instructor to come in for a small group of us. It was amazing! The secret is to ASK! A lot is available here, but it's not always well communicated. So don't hesitate to ask. And don't miss the coffee plantation tour, and bring some coins or small bills for the adorable kids picking the coffee beans. It's an informational tour and very humbling. Check out the excursions offered; this is a beautiful country and if you can see a bit beyond the resort, it's worth it.
I can't wait to go back. The lush greenery, the hummingbirds, the sense of peace and joy ... it truly is a little piece of bliss that it is within reach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-Class yoga instruction, acres of natural beauty, delicious healthy cuisine and spa services unrivaled in Costa Rica await inside the cloistered walls of this magical retreat. Tropical rain forest, active volcanoes, mountain cloud forests full of rainbows, breathtaking beaches and exhilarating white water rafting beckon the adventurer in you, all within a few hours drive of our eco-chic spa and wellness resort in the world's greenest country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Pura Vida Retreat & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pura Vida Spa & Yoga Retreat Hotel Alajuela
- Pura Vida Spa And Yoga Retreat
- Pura Vida Wellness Retreat Spa
- Pura Vida Retreat & Spa Costa Rica/Alajuela