Hotel Pacande
US$71
US$60
US$58
US$191
All reviewsclose to the airportcosta ricasan joseclean roomslocal attractionsshared bathwe arrived late at nightfirst floorwithin walking distancesjo airportconvenient locationdefinitely stay here againshort stayplace to stayincluded breakfastan early morning flightpura vida
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Pacandé is a wonderful B&B in the heart of Alajuela. The hotel is very cozy, comfortable and within very easy walking distance of all the major sites to see in Alajuela. The staff at Pacandé is what really makes the difference. They are the most friendly hotel staff I have ever met. Breakfast is a great time to chat with the staff, who love to talk and get to know their guests. They will also help with any questions you have about Costa Rica in general.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jordan234553
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I was a little nervous when we drove up to hotel, but was pleasantly surprised when we walked inside. It is a very cozy and typical B&B and our room was perfect (#1). The owner was super friendly and the staff were very helpful. They pointed us to a nice little bar / restaurant on the corner that served late. The only thing I was a little disappointed with was the breakfast. The fresh fruit was good but the cereal and bread were not so good. With all the wonderful food in this country, they could make breakfast a little yummier for not much more money. Otherwise, everything was great and I will be returning another night near the end of my trip.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Marietta H
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I had been to this hotel before and I loved it last time, so this trip i decide to come back, they have remodeled many things, I like the new decoration, care and cleaning are still excellent.

the people who work in there help me a lot with everything, I had a small problem with my bags and they were very nice and try to help me always!
The breakfast was also great, it's an excellent hotel, I recommend it!

Room Tip: I'm always looking for good places, but also cheap! so i took a room with shared bathroom! the ones in the back are the best, i think!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Maxik42
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Well maintained rooms. Close to Alajuela airport. Nice family hotel with good breakfast and a nice garden. Helpful staff if you want to find a restaurant, call a cab or anything else. Close to the parque central.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JulesDeau
Reviewed 21 January 2013

By far this place is miles above the backpacker hostel next door. We were so impressed to find clean comfortable rooms at a very reasonable price ($30 with shared bathroom), a great breakfast garden area and really friendly and kind staff. Everything you could wish for as a traveler...I highly recommend! Another bonus for anyone with a car is that they have a secure lot to park the car at no extra charge!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple