“Cutest remodeled rooms”

Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Alajuela
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Cutest remodeled rooms”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We needed a place to crash before an early morning flight out of San Jose, and this one offered a free shuttle to the airport. The friendly front desk fella put us in a room that had been redone over the summer, and it was ADORABLE. Really nice decor, and very comfortable and clean. Staff was friendly, shuttle was very convenient. I'm not generally much of a Holiday Inn girl, but I would totally stay again after this experience.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for the remodeled room - it sounded as though they haven't all been done yet.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Hebrew first
Paris, France
Reviewed 3 September 2012

It's very close from the airport which is a plus when you have to leave early in the morning. I stayed there on my first night in Costa Rica when I arrived but found it noisy and not that good. When I left I stayed in Alajuela in a very nice hotel (los volcanes) for half the price I payed there. I had to take a cab but it cost me less that 7 dollars!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Dear Fabienne M,

Thank you for your review of your stay. I am sorry you did not find our hotel to your liking. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible, and may use some of the feedback you’ve provided to further improve our service. Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Brenda J.
IHGCare
San Francisco area, CA
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We arrived into San Jose airport late at night so we stayed here and it was a perfect location. 5-10 mins. from airport, free pick up shuttle, very clean rooms, great free breakfast, nice staff, nice pool area although we didn't have time to swim. We were 100 yards from Thrifty car rental, which made it easy to get our car in the morning, which was an inadvertant convenience for us! Unfortunately, there is no mini market or convenience store nearby. At the time of night we arrived, and being unfamiliar with the country, we opted to buy two beers, a bag of chips and a small container of dip at the hotel next door......$20.00!! We travelled 13 + hours so we didn't care. It was less than comfortable though because the mattresses were ROCK HARD! We had sore shoulders, hips, and backs the next day. My husband and I are 50+, but my daughter's are 19 and 21 and their bodies ached as well!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
Dear sjansenavon,

Thank you for your review and your valuable insights. Your willingness to spare some of your time to relay your comments is genuinely appreciated. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience the unusual condition of the beds may have caused you. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Very clean,amazing breakfast!!!they offered free international calls and they have the transportation to the airport every 10minutes,did I mention the airport is 1minute from this place ??? Yes is perfect for no stress !! We were coming from Tamarindo ,so this is good for the day before you take your flight .Also you have restaurants next to this hotel,we had a dinner that night,went to bed and having the great breakfast we took our flight two hours before without rushing ,they charged 140$ for one night ,its not cheap but its worth it instead of staying in cheap far away hotels and paying more for transportation

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This hotel is a good choice for a quick stay before/after a flight. The rooms were very clean and had a nice bathroom and TV with lots of channels. Included breakfast was decent and free International calls(!) and Wifi were a nice plus. There are two restaurants in the same plaza – A chicken restaurant with HORRIBLE service and a Denny’s. Car rental return places are also very close so that was handy at the end of our trip. Airport is just a few minutes away on their free shuttle which comes by every 15 minutes or so.

Feel free to message me with questions.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Fullerton, California
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We stayed here on our last night of our Costa Rican Vacation. The location was ideal for us, since it was next to SJO and close to Doka Coffee Estate and Volcan Poas, places we visited on our last day that was an hour by car. The lobby staff was friendly and helpful. The facility was clean and modern. The price was also just right that included breakfast which was pretty decent. On a final note, they offer free shuttle to SJO.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Nürnberg, Germany
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I arrived at San José airport after nearly 24 hours of traveling, and was happy to find a hotel shuttle with a person holding up my name right at the exit of the terminal. The hotel is just a quick drive from the airport.

Staff at the hotel was friendly, the room was okay, but what I found missing was a place to have a cold beer and relax. The staff sends you across the street where there is a casino (not a great choice) and a chain restaurant (I don't remember its name), so there are options, but I would have preferred to stay in the hotel itself.

In the morning I discovered too late that a great breakfast buffet was included (for everyone I guess), I had no such note in my reservation.

All in all a good solution for the first night after a late arrival to Costa Rica. !

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alajuela
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport
Hotel La Rosa de America
Hotel La Rosa de America
#5 of 27 in Alajuela
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jo...
#1 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Hotel Aeropuerto Costa Rica

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Jose Airport? Share your experiences!