“Excellent overnight stay”

Holiday Inn Express San Jose Airport
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Alajuela
Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

This is the perfect place to stay for trips in and out of the San Jose airport. Clean rooms. Secure. In room safes. Shuttle to airport. Breakfast included. The 2nd floor rooms are better in terms of being quiet.

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed 24 November 2012

We started and ended our trip at this hotela nd found it to be very comfortable, close to the airport (see the jets from the parking lot) and the staff was excellent. We paid our exit fees at the hotel (small charge) and skipped the rush and ines at the airport.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

I mooved to that Hotel after having trouble with a lot of cockroaches in another hotel in Alajuela backpackers... so I thought I pay triple to finaly get some sleep before my big travel back to Europe... what can I tell u... After beeing in the great Holiday Inn in Berlin once for cheaper I couldnt believe what they offer in Costa Rica. They gave me a room on the groundfloor. The coca cola and snack maschine on the floor was so loud, I heard in my room and the worst thing was I had cockroches in my room too. That never happened anywhere else during my two weeks of Costa Rica travel. I found so nice Hotels and I realy have no clue where to go in alajuela because if u pay 50$ or 150$ u have cockroaches what a mess. Overpriced!!! and they charched double. It tooks 14 days to receive back the doublecharge of my kreditcard. Only good thing- its next to the airport. but beside its the hilton maybe try that one... I dont know!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Bardot1981
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Dear Bardot1981,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 October 2012

We recently had a 6AM flight on Copa Airlines, for travel to Montego Bay Jamaica. We
chose this schedule so that by the time we reached our final destination to the resort in
Jamaica we would still have most of the day left to enjoy. We live here in Costa Rica but about
an hour's drive from the airport so we decided to check in to the Holiday Inn Express very close
to the airport so that we could at least enjoy a few hours of sound sleep before our required
4AM check-in. We were absolutely amazed at what we found when we arrived at the hotel.
Prompt and friendly check-in service, a beautiful Lobby area with computer access, the
ability to pay your airport departure taxes right there to save standing in line at the airport,
beautiful clean and nicely decorated guest rooms and this we could hardly believe......if when
packing you now realized you had forgotten some essentials such as a toothbrush, shaving
cream and so forth, just a quick call and these items will be delivered to your room AT NO
CHARGE.....Imagine!!!! They also supply a quick packaged "to go" breakfast for you to
take to the airport with you for these departures such as we had, when all of the restaurants
at the airport still have not opened for business. In addition the guests receive a discount
meal voucher to have a dinner over at the Denny's, which is right on property just out front
through a covered sheltered area (in the event of inclement weather). And every 15 minutes,
24/7 there is free bus transportation over to the airport departure terminal for the convenience
and comfort of the Holiday Inn guests. Believe me in the future, for any late night or early
morning departures from San Jose in the future, we now feel secure in knowing that this
wonderful and hospitable hotel is there for us with every conceivable convenience. Thank
you Holiday Inn Express for putting us in the perfect frame of mind and spirit for even an
inconvenient departure from our San Jose Airport and I will surely encourage all of my friends
and neighbors here to take advantage of this security and comfort when traveling in the
future,

Room Tip: We did not have an opportunity to do a site inspection but I can't imagine any room here that c...
1  Thank Jinglegirl
Reviewed 13 September 2012

WE stayed at this hotel after 2 weeks of backpacking and were glad to have a great and confortable king size bed and hot water! The breakfast was amazing and would recommand this hotel if you stay at in the airport area since of its great, efficient and courteous shuttle service!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank emylie1501
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel the night before an early flight. The whole experience was great. Nice, clean room. Great location, with easy access to the airport. Small gift shop with all the essentials. And, several close by (within walking distance) things we needed: Rosti Pollo restaurant for dinner and Budget Car Rental, where we needed to return our car. Plus, they gave us "to-go" breakfast bags since we needed to be at the airport before the normal breakfast time.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We needed a place to crash before an early morning flight out of San Jose, and this one offered a free shuttle to the airport. The friendly front desk fella put us in a room that had been redone over the summer, and it was ADORABLE. Really nice decor, and very comfortable and clean. Staff was friendly, shuttle was very convenient. I'm not generally much of a Holiday Inn girl, but I would totally stay again after this experience.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for the remodeled room - it sounded as though they haven't all been done yet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alajuela
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Jose Airport
Courtyard San Jose Airport Alajuela
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jo...
#1 of 10 in San Antonio De Belen
Berlor Airport Inn
Berlor Airport Inn
#16 of 27 in Alajuela
Hotel Aeropuerto Costa Rica
Hotel La Rosa de America
Hotel La Rosa de America
#5 of 27 in Alajuela

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Jose Airport? Share your experiences!