I have stayed at this hotel on two occassions with my family of 6. Certainly this is not a destination hotel, but it is an ideal hotel for late arrival flights or early morning depatures. Several rental companies are within walking distance of the hotel allowing you to easliy drop off/pick up your rental car. You will find a couple of resturants within walking distance of the hotel too which you will need for any meals other than breakfast. The free breakfast was much nicer than expected, with eggs, rice and beans, plantains, pastries, juices, milk, coffee, tea, cereals, etc.
The staff was not overly friendly or rude. They are often busy at the front deask and the check in/check out process was at times much longer than I expected. The hotel was clean and in good condition. They have a pool. The free shuttle is easy to find at the airport and ran frequently.
My only complaints would be that they need to provide a quick check-out process for those people short on time and the price is a little higher than you might pay for the same thing in the US.
If you would like more info and photos about Costa Rica, please check out my family travel blog at www.AdventurousFamilyVacations.com . Happy traveling!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express San Jose Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express San Jose Airport Hotel Alajuela
- Holiday Inn Express Alajuela
- Alajuela Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express San Jose Airport Costa Rica/Alajuela