“A gringo vortex...”

Vida Tropical B and B
Ranked #7 of 63 Alajuela B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 March 2008

...of a fine kind, is Vida Tropical. An invaluable network of which to be a part for those who want to know anything ex-pat-related about Costa Rica. VT isn't just for gringos, of course, but a lot of them sure show up there and share all sorts of wonderful information and exciting tales (most true!).

But the best part? Isabel and Norman (and Nicolas, too). Not only are they fabulous and fabulously helpful hosts, but they have also become dear friends. Isabel was the first person to welcome me to Costa Rica on my intial foray there in November 2005, and I doubt to this day she knows just how important that was for me.

Vida Tropical: stay there!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank banjomanCalifornia

Reviewed 29 February 2008

We have stayed at Vida Tropical more times than we can add up and have been regular customers since the B & B opened many years ago.
It is our stopping off point upon entry and exit and sometimes during our stay in Costa Rica.
It is comfortable and everyone makes you feel 'at home' when you arrive. The accommodations are clean and casual, breakfast is marvelous. Everyone employed at Vida is helpful and knowledgable about most everything. We have met most of the past managers of Vida and think Isabel and Norm are the best!!!
We recommend Vida to all of our friends and family vacationing in Costa Rica and everyone that we have had stay at the B & B were very pleased with the recommendation.
If you are looking for swanky, stuffy accommodation with room service, AC, swimming pool, and stuck up people, this is not the place for you. Vida Tropical is for families, budget travellers and travellers that want to feel like they are 'at home' and enjoy meeting other people and sharing their travel experiences.
It is #1!!!
Stay at Vida Tropical....you can't go wrong!!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wefish88
Reviewed 27 February 2008

i have been visiting costa rica twice a year for about 7 years and i consider myself lucky to have found vida tropical. other hotels sometimes do not honor your reservation when you arrive... that was never the case with vida tropical. not only are they reliable but the rooms are clean and norman and isabel are very helpful. my first trip was with my daughter and this december it was with her (pregnant), her husband and little dexter. We all had a great experience and will be returning soon.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Lee Ann L
Reviewed 23 February 2008

I stayed on November 07
I found a lot of friendly people that can help me and my Friend Cristian to organise our trip.I think that we found very clean rooms, one different from each other with different picture of Costa Rica. You have olso the opportunty to use internet connection and free national call.
If you need you can organize personal guidated travel around the mezeta central with the help of Isabel and her collegues...I Think that it's an optimum solution for young and Family.
O...sorry, I didn't remenber to write about the wonderfull breakfast cooked by Silvia every morning.
BYe BYe Tiziana

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank tizBergamo
Reviewed 21 February 2008

My family and I, 2 adults and 3 children, spent 4 stays at Vida Tropical, flying in and out, and traveling for 5 months all over Costa Rica (it's true that you can leave your excess luggages there for free, and believe me, being 5 in the family, we had a lot to leave!).We were welcomed there like family every time. Norman and Isabel, Rafael and Greg, Flor and Sylvia, they all went out of their ways to accomodate us. Breakfast was excellent (you could order the food from a menu, just like in a restaurant, full of fruits too) rooms were very confortable. The access to tv and internet was appreciated by all of us. The kids still talk about the rabbit in the garden. My parents spent 5 nights there with us and enjoyed it very much too, especially when they had the chance to use the garden room! My mom and I also treated ourselves to the upstairs daybed where we spent many hours reading and talking. My dad was very fond of the upstairs balcony where he would write his diary, but what he loved the most was just hanging downstairs with all the guests, I didn't know he was so sociable!

I highly recommand this B and B, I wouldn't go anywhere else when I fly in and out of Costa Rica!

Stayed: December 2007
2  Thank gringagirl2
Reviewed 21 February 2008

I'm a traveler from the United States. I've stayed at Vida Tropical on multiple occasions and will continue to do so. They are very kind and helpful people. The accommodations are extremely clean. They are very knowledgable about local happenings. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. A very relaxing stay.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank joeagi
Reviewed 21 February 2008

The Vida Tropical experience is one of the best values in Alajuela. It is a small, friendly B&B with great service and an excellent location. It makes an excellent point of arrival and departure for tourists visiting the country because of its strategic location near the airport and the center of the town of Alajuela. The staff is friendly, attentive and caring. They do their best to help their guests with their travel and vacation arrangements. Many of their guests become repeat customers, as I have, because of the relaxed atmosphere and their staff's commitment to being of service to their guests.
There are many places to stay in Alajuela, but few can challenge Vida Tropical's combination of location and service for value. I strongly recommend them -- you will be glad you chose them!

• Stayed: February 2005, travelled as a couple