My wife, son, and I stayed here our first and last nights in Costa Rica. The location is very convenient to the airport. We had different rooms each time, both with private baths. The rooms weren't fancy, but were clean and attractive. Both rooms faced the street and we did have some traffic noise our first night---I think some sort of truck hauling was going on. Our second night was much quieter. Vida Tropical is in a neighborhood that felt safe, and places to eat and the city center are within easy walking distance. Isabel, the manager, was very helpful in many ways, especially in helping us to rent a car for our nine days in CR. The company she recommended (Target) was very professional and had good prices and the exact vehicle I wanted, a Suzuki Jimny. The vehicle was delivered right to Vida Tropical and also picked up there, no extra charge. The breakfast was very good---Sylvia makes a mean gallo pinto! All in all, I think most travelers would be quite happy with Vida Tropical, as long as they are not expecting a 5 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ADVANTAGES OF VIDA TROPICAL - 5 minutes from the airport, but not on the flight path; walking distance to the center of the city of Alajuela; on a nice, quiet, secure street, in a friendly residential area; transportation to and from the airport is available at any hour of the day or night with the official orange airport taxis or we can arrange pickup(fare is about $7.00); a base from which to do day trips in the Central Valley, or overnight trips to more distant points; a place to stay during your whole trip if you're here to check out business opportunities, real estate purchase or rental possibilities or if you want to experience daily life in the Central Valley to decide if you want to move here permanently or part of the year; s place to enjoy an extended stay at very reasonable prices. We´re in Lonely Planet, Let's Go, and other travel books, reviewed on TripAdvisor and airbnb,and recommended in Thorn Tree and other discussion boards. Established in the Last Millenium before Y2K (1999), and enjoyed by 1,000s of guests. We accept Visa and Mastercard but NOT with the new CHIP security system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Vida Tropical B and B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vida Tropical b And b Hotel Alajuela
- Vida Tropical B And B Costa Rica/Alajuela