We stayed as family of 4 in Bamboo room for 2 nights and my husband stayed in Terrace for 1 night. The villa is very close to city centre but off on a quiet street. The rooms are small but very comfortable and for 1-2 night it is more then adequate. Nice, new bathrooms. The best thing is breakfast. You get a menu and you actually get a very filling, cooked breakfast. Isabel is always there and she will help with anything you need help with. Family also owns restaurant Jalapenos which is about 5 min walk to town and the food/service is really good. We took a cab to airport for $7 and it was very smooth. There is lots of room on the property to spread out as there are 3 lounge/couch areas and house has a little backyard as well. The rooms facing front might be a bit noisier with motorbikes etc but the street is generally fairly quiet. The rooms close to the entrance downstairs might also get more noise from guests. If this is a concern, ask for a quiet room upstairs. You cant go wrong here for either a stopover to/from airport or a base to explore Poas and surrounding countryside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ADVANTAGES OF VIDA TROPICAL - 5 minutes from the airport, but not on the flight path; walking distance to the center of the city of Alajuela; on a nice, quiet, secure street, in a friendly residential area; transportation to and from the airport is available at any hour of the day or night with the official orange airport taxis or we can arrange pickup(fare is about $7.00); a base from which to do day trips in the Central Valley, or overnight trips to more distant points; a place to stay during your whole trip if you're here to check out business opportunities, real estate purchase or rental possibilities or if you want to experience daily life in the Central Valley to decide if you want to move here permanently or part of the year; s place to enjoy an extended stay at very reasonable prices. We´re in Lonely Planet, Let's Go, and other travel books, reviewed on TripAdvisor and airbnb,and recommended in Thorn Tree and other discussion boards. Established in the Last Millenium before Y2K (1999), and enjoyed by 1,000s of guests. We accept Visa and Mastercard but NOT with the new CHIP security system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Vida Tropical B and B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vida Tropical b And b Hotel Alajuela
- Vida Tropical B And B Costa Rica/Alajuela