All reviewsfree shuttlesan josecosta ricarooms are cleanone nightresidential neighborhoodshuttle service isnice groundsreception areanext morningan oasisgreat place to stayfree breakfastbring earplugshot waterstayed two nightsrental car
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I loved this place. The rooms are not especially fancy with tiled floors and basic furnishings. The landscaping is wonderful, with lush jungle greenery. The staff here were great, very helpful and friendly. There is a shuttle to the airport, which was very convenient and quick. We enjoyed walking around the area, there is a little mini-mart right outside the gate, and several good restaurants about a 5 minute walk if you turn right out of the gate. Rooms were about $70 for a double.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2012

This is not the first time I have had the pleasure of staying at Brillasol, but this time I stayed longer than usual--about eight nights because I was having medical procedures, including gall bladder operation, in nearby San Jose. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, and although I usually do not like watching TV while traveling, this time I appreciated the Spanish and English cable channels. Breakfasts are delicious (and free). Suppers are excellent and reasonably priced. But what makes Brillasol extra special is the extended family/staff, friendly and happy to help in any way they can. I feel like I have come home to family every time I stay here.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 January 2012

the Brillasol has a really kind and mostly bilingual staff that can cook a mean costa rican typical breakfast included in the cost. The rooms are comfortable and include nice outside seating to enjoy a first or last day cocktail. we also appreciated the tv in our room with HBO and Cinemax. they have internet access and free computer usage. like i said though, the free pickup and dropoff at the airport is worth every penny as ive heard horror stories of people being robbed at or near the airport. also, it seems like there is a sea of people waiting for a small number of cabs. the one negative is that their 5 minute proximity to the airport yields some noise from airplanes close by. i would... no, i will stay here again.

Room Tip: theyre all about the same.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Percfish
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Conveniently located to the airport, a Brillasol shuttle will pick you up if you give them the flight number, and take you back; they'll also provide transportation to tour pickup points or interbus. Very clean rooms, attractively landscaped grounds behind a wall in a residential area. Great breakfast included and the prices are cheap; dinner from a reasonably priced menu. WiFi plus one internet terminal available. My sisters and I made it our central point in the Highlands from which to venture on day trips. You can catch a city bus to town for transfers, or they'll call you a cab. One sister returned for gallbladder surgery (retired before 65 so no health insurance in the US) and they brought her tea and toast for lunch, even though lunch isn't something they regularly offer. Thank you, Brillasol family, for making our stays so comfortable and worry-free!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2012

The people here are so friendly and willing to help you out. They not only picked me up at the airport, but also gave me a free shuttle to and from where I was supposed to pick up my bus to Limon. They have internet, an international phone, a pool, cable TV in my room, and I only paid $60 per night. Everyone was so considerate; I felt really safe traveling by myself, especially because they were so willing to drive me anywhere. Owners Flor and Luis really have a nice place here that's slightly under the radar.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo