All reviewsfree shuttlesan josecosta ricarooms are cleanone nightresidential neighborhoodshuttle service isnice groundsreception areaan oasisgreat place to stayfree breakfastbring earplugshot waterstayed two nightsrental carair conditioning
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Inexpensive overnight stay. Got there late and left again early, so never got to see it in broad daylight.
Food we had was nice. And value for money is good.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

All reviews are pretty accurate in that this is a very basic cheap hotel/motel. However, the staff try their best to accommodate by providing delicious inexpensive meals and great service.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2012

The first thing that went wrong was that the complimentary hotel shuttle service from the airport arrived 40 minutes late. Standing alone outside at the airport waiting and waiting and waiting for these people angered me as I saw person after person get picked up by their hotel. I later realized it was because they waited for another couple (whose flight arrived after mine) to pick us up all at once. Better to make me wait than to do two trips.

Once I arrived, the person at the desk said he wanted cash for my room; he didn't want my credit card. MUST PAY IN CASH?! This was not written anywhere and mind you, the couple that came in at the same time as me used their card, hence why I said I'd like to pay with my card, too. Taking advantage of my exhaustion and the fact that I am young and was traveling alone, he continued to demand cash until I reluctantly handed it over. It was literally all I had on me.

The pool was filthy. Every piece of furniture by the pool was mismatching and broken. The grounds needed some major manicuring.

The wireless did not work, and of the two computers in the "lobby" area one connected to the internet and the other did not.

The room was clean enough, but totally bare bones in terms of amenities.

You will not get sleep at this place unless you are ok with sleeping on a landing strip. Yes, this hotel may as well have been on the runway. Honestly, please imagine sleeping right where jets take off and land. I can sleep through everything except that. No sleep for me.

Two stars only because I had a good dinner there. And two of the numerous staff members were friendly.

If you don't heed my warning and stay there, at least demand to pay by credit card. Don't let them rip you off like they did me. Oh, and bring giant noise cancellation headphones so you can sleep.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Lyndsey W
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I was helping lead a group of 12 high school students, so it was very lucky to find such a gem as Brillasol- within 10 minutes of the airport, no less. We were welcomed by Willy, an extremely friendly Peruvian who now lives and works in San Jose. Quickly, we were all settled in our simple yet comfortable rooms and being served deliciously fresh fruit juice near the pool. The hotel grounds are surrounded tightly by luscious trees and bushes (and a strong-looking fence/wall on the outside), so it does not feel like you are in the city at all. However, there is still plenty of sun to bathe in poolside. There is a gift shop for any final small gifts that one may need, and the breakfast that they prepare (gallo pinto, fruit, eggs, coffee) is sufficient and very good. Even when we had to rush to the airport at 5:30am one day, they had to-go boxes of a variety of fruit and cups of coffee ready for us before we even got up. I know we will be returning with groups in the future.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Fully enclosed, lush, colorful, affordable hotel just minutes from the San Jose airport. We paid $70 for two people, $60 for a single in March, 2012. A free shuttle, taking max. of 15 minutes and no downtown traffic, will deliver you to your plane on time. The hotel has helpful, friendly people; necessities, snacks, and a few souvenirs for purchase. Rooms are large, cool from the strong breezes, with ceiling fans. Doors and windows with screens. Free breakfast was delicious, dinner to order was inexpensive and good. We had trouble regulating the trickle of a shower, temperature oscillating between scalding and cold. The locality offers no shopping or attractions nearby, so is not a good choice for the tourist of San Jose. However, a group of 20 college students, mostly female, were staying here during a volunteer-work vacation, attesting to the safety of the hotel. They traveled daily to their work or sights in a hired van. We were relieved to have this affordable and comfortable option to avoid the San Jose traffic and danger, and arrive at the airport on time.

1  Thank SusanWhitney