“Scrumptious!”

El Chante Vegano
Ranked #3 of 191 Restaurants in Alajuela
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: El Chante Vegan is located in the heart of the city on Avenida 5 near the Post Office. Secured parking is available across from or next to the restaurant. The hours are 12:00 a.m. to 08:00 p.m. Tues. –Sat; noon to 4:00 p.m. Sundays.
El Granada, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scrumptious!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

So incredible. Could have ordered everything on the menu! The water was infused! Yum! A must on your trip in San Jose area!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Denise S

Alajuela
“The worst profesional or costumer service in town”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

The tale start with us (me and my girlfriend) calling the place half hour in advance ordering our food cause the place has fame for slow service, so we get there and our food was not ready, no big deal i can wait extra ten minutes. I asked the waiter for my meal and she gave the look that is was just being getting started. So I wait, the second time I asked her she gave me this reponse, (i translate it) : "Dude, go ask yourself, im not the one cooking" at that point we got up and left without paying (why should I ? I didnit get my meal) so wee left, sat on a juice bar when minutes after the owner of the Chante Vegano park his car, aparently he was pursuiting us, got down of the car, and try to star I fight about it, a real fist fight, my girlfriend stop him and made him realize about the mistake he did or was making, he didnot realize. We told him, hey" but we called" and he was "so what?". We gave him the monet without getting our food wich he took rude out of my hand and left. Worst service expirience in my life, and myself us a service provider, worst profesional behavior for an owner, never coming back or recomend it at all.

Visited May 2014
8 Thank Alvaro C
Province of San Jose, Costa Rica
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best vegan chifrijo & huge nachos!!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We were meaning to visit for some time now and when we finally did, it was definitely worth the while! Some of the best vegan / vegetarian food we've had so far! Definitely recommended! Super friendly staff as well! Must visit if you are in Alajuela.

“a vegetarian haven in alajuela”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This place is amazing! After a week of traveling Costa Rica and living on rice and beans, we found this place on TripAdvisor! The garbanzo burger and portabello burger were both delicious and they even have this amazing water with mint and lemo...so refreshing. This a place made my tummy smile :) thanks el change vegan!

• Visited April 2014
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

The food was amazing at El Chante Vegano! We aren't vegans or vegetarians, but we absolutely loved the freshness of the food that we ordered. We got the fried plantains, onion rings and the pizza, and it was all so delicious.
The chef was very helpful with us, since we couldn't read any Spanish, which was great.
Highly recommend this restaurant if you are staying in the city!

Visited April 2014