“THE BEST”

El Chante Vegano
Ranked #2 of 208 Restaurants in Alajuela
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: //WHO WE ARE// El Chante Vegan is located in the heart of the city on Avenida 5 near the Post Office. Secured parking is available across from or next to the restaurant. It is a 10-15 minute drive from the airport. The restaurant is open from 12:00 a.m. to 08:00 p.m. Tues. –Sat; noon to 4:00 p.m. Sundays. //FRESH// We purchase ingredients direct from the producers, fisher-people & foragers to ensure top quality & flavour. //ORGANIC// We purchase healthy food, grown or raised by people that share our belief in how to source & produce food. You will find the perfect dish to address any dietary challenges with the help of our friendly Staff. //FUSION GRILL// The quality of grilled combinations like Salmon, Pork Ribs, Pasta with shrimp & tuna in are second to none. You’re going to love the flavour of homemade cuisine.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

what an experience we had at El Chante Vegano. the owner and his wife made us feel very comfy and home. they even took us to buy organic coffee after dinner. They are such lovely people. You can feel their love in their food and restaurant atmosphere. He even built the furniture himself.
A MUST go when you are in he area either arriving at San Jose airport or before heading out.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

So incredible. Could have ordered everything on the menu! The water was infused! Yum! A must on your trip in San Jose area!

1  Thank Denise S
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The tale start with us (me and my girlfriend) calling the place half hour in advance ordering our food cause the place has fame for slow service, so we get there and our food was not ready, no big deal i can wait extra ten minutes. I asked the waiter for my meal and she gave the look that is was just being getting started. So I wait, the second time I asked her she gave me this reponse, (i translate it) : "Dude, go ask yourself, im not the one cooking" at that point we got up and left without paying (why should I ? I didnit get my meal) so wee left, sat on a juice bar when minutes after the owner of the Chante Vegano park his car, aparently he was pursuiting us, got down of the car, and try to star I fight about it, a real fist fight, my girlfriend stop him and made him realize about the mistake he did or was making, he didnot realize. We told him, hey" but we called" and he was "so what?". We gave him the monet without getting our food wich he took rude out of my hand and left. Worst service expirience in my life, and myself us a service provider, worst profesional behavior for an owner, never coming back or recomend it at all.

9  Thank Alvaro C
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We were meaning to visit for some time now and when we finally did, it was definitely worth the while! Some of the best vegan / vegetarian food we've had so far! Definitely recommended! Super friendly staff as well! Must visit if you are in Alajuela.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This place is amazing! After a week of traveling Costa Rica and living on rice and beans, we found this place on TripAdvisor! The garbanzo burger and portabello burger were both delicious and they even have this amazing water with mint and lemo...so refreshing. This a place made my tummy smile :) thanks el change vegan!