Sherry runs a friendly, cosy, bed and breakfast. It's a short drive out of Alajuela on the road to Poas volcano so it's easy travel to destinations in that area. It's also a pretty easy drive to Arenal as your next stayover destination.
My wife and I both thought Vina Romantica was a great place to launch our Costa Rican vacation. Sherry was very helpful arranging a rental car and providing directions and useful information. Beds are super-comfortable. Roosters and an occasional moped might break the early morning quiet but if you can't sleep through it Sherry will provide you with earplugs. Didn't need them as I slept soundly.
We had a great meal in her restaurant the first evening but we weren't able to try her special prix-fixe dinner as it does require some advance notice.
Close to the airport (not too close). Comfortable accomodations. Great breakfast.
We'd definitely return again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vina Romantica is located just 5 kilometers from the International Airport. We are located in a tiny rural village at an altitude of 4200 feet. It is tranquil and the views of the volcanoes are magnificient. We are on the road to many of the tourist attractions that can be seen in one day. There are many very good restaurants in the area. You can relax and enjoy the true Costa Rican life style while staying at Vina Romantica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Vina Romantica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vina Romantica Alajuela
- Vina Romantica Hotel Alajuela
- Vina Romantica Costa Rica/Alajuela