We stayed here on our first and last nights in Costa Rica. It's a reasonable cab ride from the airport (also in Alajuela, not San Jose), and is welcoming and homey. My friend the super budget traveler found this for us, and she and her son chose a room with a shared, hallway bathroom. My daughter and I paid only slightly more for a room with a very small private bath. The rooms are simple, but the hotel staff is very helpful, and the inner corridor and courtyard with fountain are very charming in a tropical way. There's no WiFi in the rooms, but it's fairly strong in the small lobby near the entrance, which we didn't find to be a hardship. We really enjoyed our cooked-to-order breakfast (included) on the 2nd morning, so were disappointed to have to leave too early on our last day to be able to enjoy it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Former mansion converted into a nice little hotel just five minutes from the international Juan Sta Maria airport in San Jose Costa Rica. Convenient location in Alajuela city, includes free taxi from the hotel to the airport, full breakfast, free wireless and access to internet, friendly atmosphere Costarican management. Nice tropical decoration with beautiful gardens, a true oasis in the heart of the city. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Los Volcanes Alajuela
- Hotel Los Volcanes Bed And Breakfast
- Hotel Los Volcanes B&B Costa Rica/Alajuela