This lodge is near the airport, although you would not want to try to find it without a well-versed Taxi driver or a good GPS! It IS near the airport, and if you really don't want to hear the occasional jet, you might prefer staying in a more hermetically-sealed box of a room. But this lodge has great big rooms with two big double doors opening onto a balcony overlooking the pool and gardens. I found it to be a great place to stay my first night in CR, after arriving on the typically late-evening-arriving flight. It is a real Central American hotel, with gardens and a big open-air restaurant. I also stayed there the night before catching my morning flight out. The staff is very accommodating. It is located in a somewhat sketchy neighborhood (not really bad, just somewhat industrial), but the property is large and isolated, and they have an armed security guard roaming around at night, so I wasn't the least bit worried.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Trapp Family Country Inn is located only 1 mile from Juan Santamaria International Airport. We offer comfortable accomodations along with genuine family service in a peaceful atmosphere. This colonial style hotel is surrounded by beautiful gardens with centenary fig trees. From the private balcony of your room, in the terraze or by the pool, you will enjoy nature and relax with the musical sound of the birds. A true oasis in the middle of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Trapp Family Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Trapp Family Country Alajuela
- Country Inn Alajuela
- Alajuela Country Inn
- Hotel Trapp Family Country Inn Costa Rica/Alajuela