“Great petite retreat”

Ranked #1 of 9 Grecia B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great petite retreat”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The hotel was awesome. Maite and Jose made us feel right a home. They were very informative, provided assistance with everything. We often spent the evenings talking to them about everything. For a 2 star it definitly fits the bill and everything is provided upon request. I have a feeling once they are fully adjusted yhis hotel will become a 5 star hotel. The hotel is in the outskirts of grecia and a bit far from SJO airport, Alajuela. So it is HIGHLY recomended to be prepared to rent a car or use a taxi. A taxi service can go for about $50-$70, dollars, from the airport to the hotel. The hotel is short distance from central Grecia, Sarchi, the poas volcanoe, and two waterfalls. If we couldve done all tours provided by the hotel we wouldve. This location is definitly a must to include in your itinerary. Especially, if you are looking for some downtime. The area is quiet and secluded. I feel like returning to costa rica just to visit Maite and José. We were sad to leave them. GOOD LUCK in everything guys, Cant wait to visit again. Thank you for making everthing great!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
keywest
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Thanks to Jose y Maita for making this a surprise for my wife! First off the place is magnificantly beautiful and romantic! A friend referred me to this place as starting point to visit all of Costa Rica which I did! Their hospitality was awesome and I will always be grateful for them for going out of their way to make this anniversary so special...I had arranged for flowers and sangria as a surprise...well not only was my wife surprised. So was I, the large beautiful array of flower boutique and delicious sangria were out of this world! I made sure I drank it all even for breakfast...man I miss that Sangria! I will definately be back...the cabin was cozy, cute and clean! A scenic view into the mountainside and gorgeous pool that overlooked from the cabins. YOU must go and appreciate this place...enough of me writing JUST GO! Miss you Jose y Maita...next time Paella ok! lol! PAUL Y RUTH

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Big Bear Lake, California
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I wish I had gone here upon my arrival instead of staying in Escazu where the traffic noise was unnerving. Mango Valley was exactly what I needed. Gorgeous views, peaceful setting, and wonderful, welcoming, helpful hosts. My only regret is that I was unable to stay longer. Hope to go back someday!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Alajuela, Costa Rica
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This was the perfect place to relax after a long work week. Jose and Maite are amazing hosts and provided us with company and interesting conversations during breakfast. We are definatelly planning on going again within the next 2 months.

Room Tip: Bring confortable all terrain running shoes. Property is big enough for 45 minutes run.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
nj
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This was our first time to Costa Rica, and it was a wonderful experience. We stayed a week and enjoyed every minute of it. Mango valley was amazing, very cute and private. The views are awesome and the grounds are very well maintained. Jose and Maite are wonderful host, and are so helpful, they answered all our crazy questions and told us all the great spots to visit. We are now residing permanently in CR but we will be back to visit Mango Valley because we have made long term friends and lets face it you just can't get enough of the beautiful property!
Jose, Kim, Chelsea, Jose Jr and Bianca

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This was the perfect place to relax after a long flight. Jose and Maite were great hosts and provided us with lots of invaluable advice for our trip.

Views over the valley, and hummingbirds were stunning from the balcony of the poas chalet.

If you're not used to driving in Costa Rica, I would recommend getting picked up at the airport and get a car delivered to the hotel, as may be a bit hard to find without directions.

• Stayed June 2013
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This is the second time we chose to stay at this cute little establishment. there is nothing like waking up in the morning to the sounds of birds at our window singing us awake. its a terrific way to begin an exciting stay in Costa Rica. Maite and Jose are terrific hosts. Very attentive and friendly. We were surprised they recognized us from our trip here six months prior! Overall this place is wonderful if you are looking to get away and have a slow day to relax. the pool is gorgeous and the location cant be beat. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Morpho 7 is the corner room overlooking the valley we choose to stay in because the back porch gives...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grecia
Xandari Resort & Spa
Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel and Nature Reserve
B&B Garden Grecia
B&B Garden Grecia
#3 of 9 in Grecia

Been to Hotel Mango Valley? Share your experiences!