“good place for people who enjoy a comfortable clean cabin and like the quiet setting in the mountains”
Review of Hotel Mango Valley

Hotel Mango Valley
Ranked #2 of 9 Grecia B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 January 2010

We stayed here during our last night in Costa Rica. The cabins were very nice and clean and the owners were very friendly. The breakfast in the morning was also very good.

Mango Valley is a nice place with great views over the coffee plantations. However, it sort of seems like this place is missing some personality (one of the reasons might be the large gravel parking lot that's right in front of the cabins).

I would recommend this place to older travellers or families that enjoy the comfort and the cleanliness of their own cabins and like the quiet setting. For younger travelers I would suggest staying in the town of Grecia instead.

If you are driving here I would suggest using the GPS coordinates on their website (I would strongly recommend getting a GPS if you are renting a car).

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 December 2009

This Inn is awesome-Cabins, Breakfast, Owners, Hot Water, Nicest towels we had in C.R., comfie bed, TV, frig stocked w/ some drinks like soda, etc., awesome breakfast and conversation! , it's quiet, private, affordable, smells good, especially in the early morning with the scent of coffee beans to the beauty of a mango sunrise, free parking, great restaurant in San Miguel (ask Vlad for directions) it's called Brisas Del Monte, open Fri.Sat.Sun.11am to 11pm...
great location....arriva, arriva-up-up-to the top of the hill-and you'll find the Mango Valley sign on the ranch gate...on the left-side of the street...be firm on your map and directions before entering this area, you won't want to get turned around!-Once here, it's very pleasant and we will be back again next year....God Bless You-and your new addition!!!
Don't hesitate to come to this B&B if you like "off the beaten track travel"

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Thank Livin'in'America!
Reviewed 25 December 2009

We stayed at this B&B on our first night in Costa Rica. It was very nice. The cabins are new, nicely appointed with tv, kitcheonette, private bathroom with hot shower. Owners are very welcoming and eager to help with any information. Nice breakfast. The location is up on the mountain and the views are fantastic. Use website directions to get there, or if you rent a gps enter their exact location (provided on the website) and let gps take you there. Good location to explore Poas Volcano, La Paz waterfall and other places in the area.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2009

I just returned from Costa Rica and I stayed at Mango Valley for a week. The hosts are great - Julia and Vlad will help you book trips & offer some themselves. The bungalows are lovely and super clean. I miss the birds singing in the morning! The daily breakfast is plentiful and delicious - lots of fresh fruit!
I enjoyed my stay and would recommend to all travelers!
Apollonia, Alexandria, VA

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2009

Only one caveat for otherwise 100% satisfaction: map it before you try to find it! It was our first day in CR, late in the day (dark) and in spite of a couple of phone calls for help getting there, we could not find it. So owner Julie told me to stay where I was and came to lead us back! Once you get there, you will enjoy wonderful hospitality from the owners, clean cabinas surrounded by a coffee plantation, a lovely view, and a great breakfast of fruit, eggs, toast, and Costa Rican coffee.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2009

We have just returned from a 19 day vacation in Costa Rica. My husband and I stayed at Hotel Mango Valley Bed & Breakfast, while we toured the Central Valley, including Grecia, which we fell in love with. We chose this bed & breakfast because of the many positive commentaries we had read and the favorable comments on its owners Julie and Vlad (husband & wife) for their hospitality. Each day we were at Hotel Mango Valley Bed & Breakfast, we felt more like family than tourists. A friend joined us at this hospitable bed & breakfast and enjoyed the same special treatment showered upon us daily by Julie and Vlad. When one does not enjoy their stay at a specific hotel, one can pack up and leave. However, one is less willing to inconvenience a friend. My husband and I stayed in the "Poas Cabin" with its breathtaking view of the Poas Mountain, flocks of wild parakeets, and songs of workers in the adjoining coffee plantation. Our trip was so enjoyable on all fronts that we have decided to move to Costa Rica next year. Julie and Vlad, we will never forget you and all you did to make our stay a memorable one, including the delicious breakfasts, fruits and the wonderful conversations.

Dr. Theresa & Gerald Edwards
Griffin, Georgia

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2009

I found this hidden gem in June. My friend and I stayed two nights. The rooms are very clean and the owners are wonderful, knowledge folks with whom I could talk for hours. I plan to return again this winter with my family. The location is very quiet which is hard to find in the Grecia area. I recommend this to anyone who wants an out of the way place with wonderful ammenities and owners.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grecia
El Silencio Lodge & Spa
Hotel Buena Vista
Hotel Buena Vista
#1 of 1 in Pilas
La Terraza Guest House B&B

Been to Hotel Mango Valley? Share your experiences!