“Our "Go To" restaurant in Grecia”
Review of La Galeria - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Galeria
Cuisines: Argentinian
Description: http://www.words2u.net/pmwiki/?n=Restaurants.GaleriaSteakhouseGrecia
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Galeria's owners and staff (all English-speaking) consistently make dining with them a pleasure. The food, whether you order steak, pork, chicken, or seafood, and whether you order the most expensive meal or the most economical, is always top-notch. And Tatania, one of the owners, can mix any drink you request.

An additional feature is the large covered porch in the rear. Like most Costa Rican restaurants, Galeria is open-air, but especially on the covered porch you are largely removed from the street noise.

1  Thank MurrayDavidC

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Can not get this restaurant to go off the page, so I am forced to give a review, and I did not eat there, so I have nothing good or bad to say. Sorry about that

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Fantastic food in Grecia. Service in English with steak cooked exactly the way you like it. Wonderful

1  Thank WarrenCWade
Reviewed 29 August 2012

This is a great restaurant that we have been to a few times. The prices are a little higher than your typical place but the food is excellent and they make one of the best burgers we ever had.

1  Thank Walter W
Reviewed 29 July 2012

As a treat I decided to try la Galeria tonight, there was a steady drizzle, and not many people around Grecia Centro. The restaurant was practically empty, but I was warmly greeted in Spanish (which I continue to work on) The decor is simple, the restaurant spacious with a full bar and espresso machine. I was seated on the covered patio at the back of the restaurant, and Carolyn was my server. She worked with my Spanish, and I decided on the house salad and rib eye special. Grilled tomatoes with mozzarella and a small baked potato and sour cream. The steak was exceptional, as a rib eye always seems to be more flavorful than a sirloin, and my generous cut was done exactly as ordered. I have eaten at some world class steak houses, and La Galeria rates as one of the best. I thoroughly enjoyed the meal, declined coffee and dessert, and paid 18 mil colones (about $36US) including tip and tax, well worth the cost and I will be back. For the times when a steak is what you crave, La Galeria certainly fits the bill. Now I have 2 excellent steak houses in Grecia to choose from.

4  Thank CajonTraveler