“Good Value & Good Food”

El Rancho de Nelson
Ranked #10 of 47 Restaurants in Grecia
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have eaten here several times and always had good food and service. I recommend it to anyone who wants Tico food.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by the owners of Hotel Mango Valley. It is a couple blocks away from the main square of Grecia and looks like a hole in the wall. We had the Lomita and Casado especial de la casa. Additionally, we ordered a milkshake like drink made from a fruit known as guanabana (known only in the Latin American region as we were told).

The portions were generous and delicious! The casado especial comes with the normal meat choice, rice, beans, plantain, macaroni salad, and a potato like side dish. Additionally, it came with a fried egg and avocado. This plate was around $6! The Lomito is a grilled beef tenderloin with fries, guac, tortilla chips and refried beans. The price is $12.

I will miss the milkshake! Definitely something we could not easily obtain in the states.

I think service in CR is different than it is in the US. At all CR restaurants we dined in, we always had to ask for the bill instead of it being brought to us after we finished a meal. Also, no one comes to voluntarily check up on the table. Thus, I reason this is a cultural thing and the service is being rated on a good attitude, which, was good!

1  Thank Diane_Nguyen
Reviewed 11 March 2014

First, off I could not find this place since addresses in CR are non-existent ... once you do find it, you will wonder how you missed it. I took 10 friends to lunch and spent $60 ... the food was good, service wonderful and prices affordable.

1  Thank Vaughn E
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We ate a casado at this restaurant. The beans were amazing, the chicken well cooked and the rice very tasty. We enjoyed it so much, we went twice. It is not expensive and delicious.

1  Thank Loubuen
Reviewed 17 February 2014

For us it was a little hard to find but once we did it was well worth the hunt. The food was exceptional as was the service.

1  Thank Ken M