2,586 results
All reviewslava barswim up barmaster suitearenal volcanocosta ricala fortunahot springssteam roombeautiful hotelpool areathermal waterrooms facespring poolsrain showerhot poolsgreat view of the volcanoour honeymoon
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Amazing Room with great view and very clean, you sleep very good
Very good restaurant and the breakfast very Nice !!
Beautiful hotel and the hot water hotel great !!
Very Nice people working at the hotel
I recommend it !!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ServicioCliente R, Gerente at The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear guest,

We appreciate that you have shared your comments about your visit.
We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay and that we have done our work well and that you have been able to rest and relax amidst the nature that surrounds us.

We hope that we will choose again,

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Normally I would skip writing a review for a hotel that has been reviewed by so many travelers but I don't think there can be enough good reviews for the Royal Corin.

I booked this hotel using an online search and was pleasantly surprised to experience a luxury hotel for $200 per night. Now granted it is the "green season" in Costa Rica (aka the rainy season) but it was still an excellent deal. We were on the fourth floor with a king bed.

The property is everything they advertised and more. I did not try the spa (too expensive) but we enjoyed the pool for a little while on afternoon and it was very nice.

The breakfast (which was included in our room rate) was extensive and the wait staff attentive. We did have dinner at the restaurant the first night we arrived and that experience was the only one we had that was less than stellar. The service was very good however the food was only mediocre. The best part of the meal was the lava cake with ice cream. The remainder was not memorable and although it was reasonably priced I wished the food tasted as good as was described on the menu. There was only one other couple at the restaurant while we were there so possibly the head chef does not work when the patrons are so few.

All in all a wonderful hotel experience.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Jennie A, Gerente at The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Ellen,

Thank you so much for this great review. We appreciate this very much !
And I am very happy that you had a good time in the Royal Corin Resort.
As the GM of The Royal Corin I am not reading all of the comments to receive only felicitations and roses. I really care about the experiences of our guests and every comment is a retroalimentation for us.
And for that reason I ask you friendly to send me your email info or phone number.
You can reach me on jennieaarts@the-royal-corin-resort.com
The restaurant experience is very important for us.
Because for me as a hotel manager a good hotel has good food and a good restaurant.
And our restaurant in general is well appreciated by our guests.
So if your experience was a little "medio ocre" I would like to know some more details from you to be able to take action. Because in my opinion, it is great that you enjoyed your stay with us, but I should like clients to enjoy dinner in the same way.
And if not we have to analyze what happened or how to do better.
So please I should appreciate it very much to get some more feedback in a private conversation from you.

Warm regards,

Jennie Aarts

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

After a month travelling round Costa Rica we spent one night at Corin And were incredibly impressed. Don't be put off by the view from the road. Once inside the hotel is beautiful and had an amazing view of the volcano. The thermal pools and jacuzzis are fantastic and you can easily spend a whole day just hanging out there.

We went to the Lava bar on the fifth floor in the evening for craft beer and pizza. It was great for our kids with a pool table, air hockey etc. But also very cool decor and a great view.

Our room was lovely, quite luxurious and great view of volcano.

The staff at Corin are amazing - incredibly friendly and most helpful, a real credit to the hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Emma H

Dear Emma,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your recent stay.
We are glad to know you have been impressed positively by our hotel. We hope you come back anytime soon, it will be a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Everything was A+ at this boutique resort. Large enough to have a swim up bar in the pool and a club/lounge on the top story, but the hotel never felt crowded. The guests are all youngish, 20's-40's who go on hikes, horseback rides, and zipline tours during the day. The multiple pools, fountains and spas are all fed by the volcanic hot water nearby. Beds are comfortable and rooms are kept VERY clean. The food is gourmet - go for the pre-paid breakfast option, it's totally worth it. Desk staff is very knowledgeable and can arrange a number of adventure trips and cabs to the small town about 7 minutes down the road.
Highly recommended. A wonderful and romantic experience!!!

Room Tip: All rooms face the volcano. It's in a rain forest, so sometimes the volcano is not completely visible due to low clouds.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
ServicioCliente R, Gerente at The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Brooks747,

We appreciate your comments about your stay, and we are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay, the beautiful views of the Arenal volcano joined with great relaxation in our volcanic hot waters.

We hope you choose us again, it will be a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Wow! This was one of my best service experience. Our (my wife and mine) stay in this hotel was very short, but definitely a VERY relaxing and great vacation. The people will make you feel special. Right from the beginning the spectacular welcome of Jeferson at the check-in was amazing. While registering we received a welcome drink, great attention, help with the bags and just friendly faces. Installations and meals were great. VERY romantic dinner with the service of a great chef and the music by Roy Mejias was wonderful. Minor, the bartender, knows how to prepare great refreshing drinks. Ask him for whatever you are looking for.
In summary, definitely the service is the best of the best and worth highlighting

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Jan,

We are grateful for your positive comments about you and your wife experience. Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your experience. Your feedback encourages us to continue working hard every day.

We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay that much. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.