“Great for carnivores.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Nene's Restaurant

Nene's Restaurant
Cuisines: Latin, Seafood, South American, Central American, Costa Rican, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great for carnivores.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Really great atmosphere in this place, friendly service but swift without feeling hurried. My ceviche and shrimp (if you're British be prepared. ..this is not actually shrimp sized!) were fantastic. Tasty and beautifully presented.
However, and I really think Nene's need to think about this. ..my husband's vegetarian choice was limited. His 4 cheese pasta looked bland and colourless. He said that it was ok but didn't rave about his meal like I did. It is a shame as we would have returned tomorrow based on my meal alone.
CR is full of amazing vegetables. Is it impossible to create something home-cooked and tasty that doesn't rely on cheese, eggs or soy sauce as flavouring?
Just a thought.

1 Thank JaneAnneRogers

“Great vibe and delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Adorable restaurant tucked into La Fortuna. One of our tour guides recommended it and it was great. Filled with a lot locals and tourists but not too crowded.

Visited July 2014
Gilbert, Arizona
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Our driver told us about Nene's so we visited for lunch. It was great food, cheap prices and great service. My husband said it was the best burger he had in Costa Rica (and he had a LOT of burgers).

Visited June 2014
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was located in a somewhat quiet part of La Fortuna but not too far away from the main street. The food was amazing, I had chicken with a Portuguese sauce which I thought was alright but after stealing a few bites from my sister's seafood rice, I went to heaven. The food is fresh, delicious, and reasonably priced. There are a variety of dishes from cultural backgrounds other than the traditional Costa Rican dishes, which really allows you to switch things up and try their take on other cultures' dishes. My other sister had pesto pasta, which had a twist to it, and not a bad twist either. The service was also excellent, our waiter could speak bilingually and he was very, very polite. The restaurant is very clean and has a relaxing setting for you to enjoy a nice meal. Visit Nene's if you're in the area!

“Best ceviche anywhere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

On a recent trip to Central and South America, my husband and I went to La Fortuna do do some shopping. The weather was very hot and humid. Nene's Restaurant had been recommended to us - especially the ceviche. So we went for a nice cold cerveza to help cool off and decided to have a snack. My husband had the soup and declared it delicious (I know - who eats soup on a sweltering hot day?). I had the ceviche. It was amazing! I just kept saying "This is the best ceviche I have ever eaten!" Honestly, I nearly licked the dish. Just sorry we weren't able to go back for a full meal. Service with a smile. It was a fun place. I hope to go back some day.

Visited June 2014