“Not sure about quality of food otherwise great”
Review of Soda Viquez

Soda Viquez
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Ate once there, 3 out of 4 persons were very happy with how it tasted (chicken in sauce), I found my rice with shrimps too greasy. Later one friend who had mushroom sauce had serious stomache problems and anther friend felt extremly bloated after her chicken in spicy sauce. The third friend also had some pain, but wasn't sure whether cos of quality or cos he ate too much ;)
I found my Mango smoothie too watery.
The service was great, and quite fast for CR standards. It's located in the town, easy to find.

There are newer reviews for Soda Viquez

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

We decided to eat here one night after finding it on trip
Advisor. We were looking for a soda to dine at instead of a tourist restaurant. It's a nice little place with a good atmosphere. The owner comes to the table and introduces herself and takes the time to learn your name. They had a large menu to choose from. Of course they serve the typical plates which were very tasty. I also tried the grilled sea bass with avocado sauce... It was flavorful and came with typical sides... More than enough food for the price. I would recommend this place as a local place and to get away from some of the touristy restaurants that over charge.

1  Thank kimmiefont
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We are currently sitting on our deck eating take out from soda viquez. I am having a chicken breast in garlic sauce with rice, two salads and grilled veggies. Husband is eating BBQ pork chop with mashed, salad, rice and veggies. Both were 3500 colones (each), and is a huge amt of food. The mashed potatoes aren't very good, but everything else is yummy. We wanted takeout tonight and heard good things about this place on trip advisor. Service was quick and friendly and they have a cute cat to play with while you wait :)

Overall I highly recommend this spot. It's tucked away on a side street next door to I'm hungry crepes.

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I tried the vegetarian cascados and the dish was delicious (They also have other vegetarian options). Portion size was much bigger than expected and prices very reasonable. Nice friendly staff too! Look down the side street from the park to find it.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

This place is tucked away down a side street, next to several other restaurants. it is easy to miss. The food was very good, certainly better than looking at it on the steam table - when you walk in. The price was so reasonable (for La Fortuna, and Costa Rica!) with generous portions. We had seven side dishes with our typical platter. However, my beef was very tough and tasteless. My cousin's chicken was much better. The service was really attentive.