“A Hidden Gen”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in La Fortuna de San Carlos
Princesa de la Luna Eco Lodge
Kerhonkson, New York
“A Hidden Gen”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Princesca de la Luna offered me the experience that I expected from Costa Rica, nestled in a private piece of rainforest with a view of Arenal Volcano, this hotel was rejuvenating and absolutely beautiful. The entire time I kept saying, "I cannot believe I am able to afford this experience!" William and Chaquilla (the dog!) are assets to Princesca and made the experience particularly enjoyable.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ablondieqt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Hebrew first
Escazu, Costa Rica
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Was an incredible experience in Costa Rica, The hotel is a little piece of paradise in the jungle, and the Volcano view is awesome! Favorite place in Fortuna, really you have to come and see by yourself this beautiful place.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jchidalgo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on our honeymoon and it was just what we were looking for! Rustic, quiet, beautiful and romantic. Absolutely everything you would want if you are vacationing in the rainforest! The staff was amazing! The home Cooked meals were delicious! If you want a true rustic Costa Rican experience this is your place! We will be coming back!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here! We couldn't get enough of the relaxing hours sitting on the porch watching all the birds, making cocktails with the great rum we bought in town with the fresh juice that was plentiful at the lodge. We saw toucans and birds of every color just from our porch vista. Our hosts were wonderful, very friendly and accommodating (but very unintrusive too so we never lacked for privacy.) They even did worked with me to do a surprise birthday celebration for my wife, complete with birthday cake! We ate great meals with lots of fresh fruit every day. And loved the outdoor shower too. If you are looking for peace and quiet away from the crowds this is the place. Note that there are a couple of dogs who live on the grounds and who love the couches, but they are very sweet. The grounds of the lodge feature gorgeous plants, and the decor give it great character. Get the flight in to La Fortuna if you can, we had be picked up and driven to San Jose, which is a long drive. Note also that is about 2 hours away from places like Monteverde, we recommend the local canyoning treks with zip lines and waterfall repelling. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Heredia, Costa Rica
Reviewed 28 April 2014

First of all the location is at a convenient distance from La Fortuna, but it is still in the middle a nature paradise. It is perfect to take a walk through trails, great for bird watching! Not only that the view is spectacular. Plus the accommodations are beautiful and this made me feel like home. I'm completely in love with the place, completely stunning. They also have breakfast there which is always a plus. I'm already planning my next visit!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed here with my two teenaged children for a few nights, and we could have stayed here for entire vacation. We all loved it. It was like staying at a friends house - food was wonderful, hosts were friendly, and it was completely relaxing. You can walk on-site to a water fall, a river, and a pool. Our room was on the top floor with a double and big King bed, and opened onto a beautiful veranda with chairs and couches overlooking the jungle canopy. I'm going back!

Room Tip: Top floor in main building. There are out buildings - just make sure you have an veranda or deck wit...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Selected La Fortuna based on the enthusiastic reviews on Tripadvisor. And what a great choice I made! No a single part that could have been better. It is a bit out of the center (but honestly, not that much to do in the "center" anyway). Actually it's remoteness gives it's real charm. You go to bed and wake up with the serene calmness of Nature and always greeted with the warmest smile from the staff. I got all the needed help and even more for all my trips in the area. I even extended my stay with an extra day as just couldn't leave:) Families, couples, single travelers (like me), group of friends will all have a great time! As long as you love nature and like dogs, this is your place to stay! Pura Vida!

Room Tip: my room overlooked the main terrace and was a good one!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo