“Nice walking tour of Arenal and hot springs with Franklin”
Review of Pura Vida Tours

Pura Vida Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: PURA VIDA TOURS offers a wide variety of tours in La Fortuna and all of Costa Rica including nature tours, rafting, canyoning, canopy (zipline), waterfalls, and hot springs. We are known for our quality service, knowledgeable staff, safety, and complete satisfaction. PURA VIDA TOURS....more than a phrase, a great way to discover Costa Rica.
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was on a afternoon walking tour in Arenal and later the tabacon hot springs.
The guide was Franklin, he was very knowledgeable about the volcanic history, spoke very good English and was very friendly and likable.

It was quite a climb to watch the lake, if you're not in good shape it may be a very difficult tour. The view of the Arenal lake was very nice.
Later we were taken to hot springs resort, Franklin gave a tour around the resort before he left me there, at the pickup some of the group members had disappeared (I'm guessing left early) and he made sure he didn't leave them behind or lost them so he's definitely responsible.

Looking back I can't say it was the most interesting thing I've done in Costa Rica but it was nice.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Pura vida tours and especially our account manager Saul went out of their way to cater for everything we requested to do on our holidays in Costa Rica. We came from London so we had a long way to go but it was all worth it! We had an amazing time and we will definitely be coming back. I would definitely use Pura Vida tours again. Starting in Manuel Antonio, Saul organised a round trip tour with private transfers and private guides in Manuel Antonio, Monteverde and La Fortuna and also organised our transfer to Punta Uva by water rafting on the Pacuare River. We had a small issue in Monteverde but Saul resolved it immediately and was available to help throughout our stay in Costa Rica - he even gave me his mobile number to call him when he wasn't in the office. Me and my 2 friends had a blast at a very reasonable price considering our accommodation and all activities were included. Thank you so much Saul!!!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We had a wonderful experience with our guide Jodi and the gang at Pura Vida. There prices were great, and they were really reliable, always on time and very knowledgable. It is wonderful to be with people that actually care about the environment and the nature-human relationship. We really appreciated the small groups on the tours which made for a more intimate experience. You can't go wrong with Pura Vida Tours.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

We spent 4 days of our honeymoon in Arenal at Volcano Lodge, which I highly recommend. We actually stumbled upon Pura Vida Tours office while trying to determine who to book through and what excursions to do. Jose had this awesome map and reviewed every option and price with us patiently. We set up 6 excursions through them (attica zipline, rio celeste, la fortuna waterfall, hanging bridges, volcano hike, and tabaccon hot springs) Our guide for several tours was Jodi. He was really knowledgeable and did a great job! We HIGHLY recommend Pura Vida Tours!!!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

La Fortuna Waterfall is well worth the 500 steps down and up. Unfortunately, we fell victim to a greatly overpriced trip there. While staying at Arenal Paraiso, we have done six trips in three days, and found each to be exceptional: the guides, the nature. However, we just paid $50 each for our family of four to be driven to the waterfall, where we were allowed to stay for 40 minutes! This for a tour that was advertised to be 2.5 hours. Of course time needs to be allowed for getting there and getting back, and up and down the stairs, but we started a little late, and came back early. We have a car so I wish we had driven ourselves (entrance is only $10 each). We have had such good experiences with guides, we expected this one to be on par with that, but this was no guide, just a very nice, well spoken driver. Save your money and just go yourself, and pack a lunch a stay the whole day would be my recommendation. What a shame, I would have liked to have had about an hour and a half there, which is what I thought I was getting, assuming about 20 minutes each way plus the walk down and up.

1  Thank Joyce K