“Just perfect! ”
Review of Anch'io

Anch'io
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
“Just perfect! ”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped by while visiting Arenal Volcano, lovely decor, relax and modern, fresh herbs and perfectly cooked pasta, the pizza made in brick oven is a must try. Andres is a perfect host, well versed in the menu and ingredients, congratulations to the owners and the the wonderfully staff.

1 Thank nancy f

• Hebrew first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great food and great guys”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for dinner and had a great meal. The food was delicious. We went to leave and our rental car wouldn't start. The guys at the restaurant were all so nice amd tried to help us and made a bunch a phone calls and waited until someone from the rental company came. Thanks again for all your help. Great food and great guys!

“great pizza”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stopped here last week based on the Tripadviser reviews while in the Arenal area for a break from hotel food. Stopped on a Monday night about 7pm, prime dinner time, but we were the only guests here at the time which worried me a bit to be honest. Greeted by a younger waiter name of Andrew. He was the most pleasant and personable waiter I have met in a long time. Of course we were the only ones there and he spent a lot of time with us, but tried to help our Spanish speaking and practiced his English on us. When we didn't order a salad, he brought us a large house salad to try at no charge-it was an outstanding salad. We all ordered different pizzas and they are all wood fired and outstanding-best pizza I have had in a while for thin crust.

By this time, other customers were arriving and he spent time and was pleasant to all the customers that he had. Then he called a taxi for us to return to our hotel. So glad we got to stop at this charming little pizza place in Fortuna.

• Visited June 2014
TX
“Pizza pizza”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had the pizza and it was so good. I didn't think we would finish it all but we managed to. The kids loved it too.

• Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food, Horrible Service”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

So let me start by saying that the food was amazing. The pizza and pasta taste homemade.

Now for the bad service part. My girlfriend and I went in here to try it out on our vacation in Costa Rica, and from the moment we sat down we were treated rudely. We were greeted by a younger male waiter with a faux hawk style haircut and I think blue contacts. He asked if we spoke Spanish and we replied "no" with a smile and he said "no problem" as he spoke English. He went to get menu's and when he returned He asked what we wanted to drink and I then said "My girlfriend is vegetarian we'd like to look that over to decide if we're going to eat here" and he said "Drinks first!" In a snappy manner. So we ordered out drinks and contemplated leaving before he returned but we decided to stay because maybe it was all in our heads ya know? So when he returned he went over all the vegatarian options for my girlfriend very quickly, and walked off( no lie).

This is where it got really bad. Then over the next 10 minutes he proceeded to ask us if we were ready to order 8 times ( I counted). On the 8th he returned and looked at my girlfriend and said "You're ready, yes????" Almost pressuring her into ordering and then when I asked to seperate the checks he proceeded to sarcastically say aloud in front of other customers "You want separate checks right?" with a sarcastic
smile. We assumed he was rude to Americans but everyone else in the bar was also American at the time we were there. The only difference between everyone else and us was that I am African American and my girlfriend is white. Now I'm not saying he is racist but I have no idea why we received the service we did? I asked for the checks early and he proceded to do EVERYTHING but bring our checks. It seemed as if he purposely made us wait longer.
In confusion maybe this guy was having a bad day, but this was our WORST experience in Costa Rica.

• Visited May 2014