“Good cycle trip”

US$85.00*
and up
Bike Ride Tour from Arenal Volcano to El Castillo
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike Arenal is Costa Rica’s leading Bike Tour and Multisport Tour Operator. Located in La Fortuna, near Arenal Volcano we offer multi-day bike tours including accommodations and meals. Visit active volcanoes, rainforests, waterfalls, small rural villages and tropical beaches. Multisport Itineraries include biking, white water rafting, rainforest hikes, zip lines, surf lessons and more.Custom designed Adventure Holidays and Active Family Vacations.One-day mountain Bike Tours in Arenal Volcano and Arenal Lake.
Watford, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Good cycle trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We are not regular cyclists so went for the half day trip round the volcano park area. We really enjoyed it and our guide was excellent. Company is well organised and helpful. Good to have the support van following us and providing snacks. Would have liked a bit more contrast between off road and on road and it was quite bumpy at times - full day may have been better.

Visited April 2014

Brampton, Canada
“A very memorable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great experience! They showed up on times, the bikes were in good working order and the ride was what we expected. Our guide Alejandro really cared that we were comfortable and enjoying our ride. I liked that there was a follow van to assist us at anytime. We enjoyed Alejandro's company so much we went to lunch with him after to place I a never would have thought to go. The food was one of the best meals we had. My 18 years old son dreams of going back to ride with Alejandro on a more extensive ride.

Visited March 2014
Evans City, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

My family was ill the day we were to do a day ride with Bike Arenal, Mario was nice enough to reschedule us. The bikes were Trek's, which was nice. Alejandro, the guide was very nice. He gave us history of the area and rode at our pace. I would defiantly do another ride if I'm ever back in Costa Rica

Visited March 2014
Mill Valley, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ready to ride again with Bike Arenal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Bike Arenal provided a perfect mountain bike ride experience that surpassed my expectations. My son and I bike all over Mount Tamalpais at home in Marin County, California. We were looking for something personalized that would suit our riding abilities. Alejandro made our experience complete with excellent bikes and a good workout and climb above Lake Arenal with sweeping, panoramic views. The personal attention was the best. I enjoyed the guided ride, information about the wildlife, along with the history of the lake and volcanic eruptions. I will be visiting again soon for another mountain bike adventure. It would be especially fun to visit for the International 100 mile Costa Rican mountain bike challenge and cheer Team Arenal to place. Thank You Alejandro and Bike Arenal.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank FARSNUF
Nahant, MA
3 attraction reviews
“See Beautiful Country from a bike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Bike Arenal is run by Mario who was efficient and easy to deal with prior to arriving in Costa Rica. Alejandro was a terrific biking guide. Not only was he timely, courteous and kind, he was an extraordinary athlete. The driver, Helario, was also polite and a gentle spirit who made the trip stops effortless and simple providing smiles and well prepared snacks. Alejandro was knowledgeable about his country and provided information on the Costa Rica's economics, eduction, political landscape, and nature. He gave helpful tips about biking when necessary and let us go at our own pace with no pressure. He offered choices of routes and made a stop at one of his favorite places on a local river that was very special (I won't spoil the surprise). He pointed out interesting birds and trees and picked beautiful rest stops. He even took pictures and e-mailed them to us as we didn't bring our cameras!

Lunch afterward at Novilos Steak House was superb with beautiful views from the open air restaurant. They made the choices to eat easy after a long bike ride. It was a pleasure to sit with both of them and dine on delicious typical food. I had the fish cosada and ate every crumb!

I highly recommend going on any trip with Mario, Alejandro and Helario. They are a great team. If I go back to Costa Rica, I will hunt them down. They feel like new pals!

Visited February 2014