“Lots of fun, and great views of Arenal Volcano”

ATV Pradera del Arenal
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The day started off extremely cloudy, but by we had amazing views of the Arenal Volcano at the end of our tour. I was a passenger and my husband drove, and I was happy for that because I don't think I would have been as daring. On our tour it was only us and one other ATV, so it was great! Lunch was also spectacular!

We did this as a half day, and in the afternoon we did white water rafting- I would definitely recommend doing a combination tour like we did!

All reviews
in 26 reviews
"challenging terrain"
"starting point"
in 4 reviews
"recommend this tour company"
"take pictures"
"souvenir shop"
in 3 reviews
"thrill seekers"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this activity"
"a lot of fun"
in 6 reviews
"great tour"
"swimming hole"

Reviewed 4 February 2014

If you've never driven an ATV, don't worry, you'll get plenty of instruction, and you'll soon be off-roading almost like a pro, while enjoying amazing views of the volcano and the hills around it. The guides barely speak any English, but that's not what you're there for. Enjoy the views and the riding, don't think too much about what clever questions you can ask your guide, and you'll be fine. One word of caution: it gets very, very dusty, so be sure to bring a change of clothes.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

My husband and I booked this ATV tour through a company in La Fortuna and were really happy with everything. We went early in the morning to avoid the heat, and they picked us up from our hotel which was a few kilometers outside town. There was only the 2 of us (maybe because we left before 8am), which is probably a big reason why we had such a good time. We got all geared up at their facilities, they provide helmets and bring water. I recommend wearing light cargo pants, t-shirt, and sunglasses, we also brought a small backpack with a camera etc. Since we have quads at home and are pretty familiar with how to ride, our guide went pretty fast. First we went on some dirt trails through a field where our guide figured out our skill level. The we went down a gravel road which lead to more trails through hills and forest. After over 3 hours we went back and had a delicious traditional Costa Rican lunch (included in the tour), the portions were huge and it was better than most restaurants we'd been to in town. The whole thing was about $45 each and well worth the price if you can manage to go on your own like we did. As someone who knows a little about quads, I just want to say that this place maintained their machines better than any of the other quad tour providers we've seen in central America. Bald tired are the norm, but not here!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We had several of us in the tour -- may be 12 or more ATVs. Some can take one person and others can take two persons.

They make you drive it in two places: one near base of the volcano and the the other on remote public unpaved road with hardly any traffic.

ATVs are fun if you know what you are doing. They are easy to tip over. We almost got tipped over when my daughter drove it. So I took it over as some places near volcano the terrain is tough, rocky, curvy with some slopes.

The second place is on the public unpaved road which takes you to a stream/small river. This road is pretty straight and easy to drive but it has couple of bridges with no rails.

If you are a beginner, I would avoid those two bridges and some parts near Volcano. Other than that, it was fun to try this tour. It has wonderful guides - very patient and accommodating.

The tour ends with lunch or dinner depending on the time of the tour in wonderful restaurant. Food was very good.

They pick you from your hotel. They are 10 minutes from La Fortuna downtown.