“Stay away if you prefer to live ”

ATVF Arenal Tours - La Pradera del Arenal
Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Stay away if you prefer to live ”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I absolutely hated this place! My group consisted of 8 people ranging in ages from 20-32. The 19 year old leading the group gave us a 2 1/2 minute 'lesson' in how to handle the atv's. Then they take 5 minutes to write down everyone's dinner order. Then they lead you to a mountainside and expect you to off road without dying. I ride motorcycles and I think the way the entire process was handled is a bad accident waiting to happen. Oh and before they lead you to the dangerous mountain or over washed out bridges with no side barriers they ask you to sign a waiver releasing them of any wrong doing and taking full responsibility for damage to the vehicles. So if you would like to continue to love the beautiful country of Costa Rica stay away from this place. I would have rather paid twice the price and had a good experience.

37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fun Ride…”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Overall a great day riding ATVs with the boys. They allowed us some time to get familiar with the ATV's prior to getting after it. We got to ride the ATV's along with get a tour of the volcano side. Our only knock was that they kept us all in line not allowing us to go ride alone. Understandable. I can tell they were getting frustrated with us because we kept going fast and breaking the line. Please make sure you bring a bandana or something to cover your head. Also make sure you wear something you can get dirty because there are some mud puddles they get you to ride through. I would recommend.

Visited May 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fun outing in La Fortuna, great views!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We had a nice time during this outing. It begins in a field, I guess that is to help you feel more comfortable at the controls. Our guide was very helpful and patient. We rode through lots of pastureland and stopped at several places for photo opportunities with Arenal in the background. Our guide had a cooler with cold bottled water for our refreshment. The cows in the pastureland were very friendly and hardly paid attention to us as we zoomed by. After finishing there we were led to a dirt road with hardly any vehicle traffic. We stopped at a River to rest and enjoy the scenery and more cold bottled water). The gravel part of the adventure got pretty dusty so keep your visor in your helmet down for your eyes' sake. After finishing our ATV tour we were treated to a wonderful meal at the hotel restaurant. Great day!

Visited November 2013
Miami, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Scary but Fun - Breathtaking Views”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Scary but fun! Again, the transportation was on time. The best views besides the Zip Lining was during this tour. We saw way more than expected and enjoyed the entire tour. Kevin was our guide and was safe, friendly and professional. He stopped along the way for a water break near a river where there happened to be 3 horses on another tour. We had dinner at the end of our tour as well. If you don't need your meal to be included in your tour, I'd recommend that you don't add it. My chicken as part of my casado meal was raw.... I had to wait for another plate while everyone else was pretty much done with their meal. Other than that, everything was great.

Visited April 2014
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Lots of fun, and great views of Arenal Volcano”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The day started off extremely cloudy, but by we had amazing views of the Arenal Volcano at the end of our tour. I was a passenger and my husband drove, and I was happy for that because I don't think I would have been as daring. On our tour it was only us and one other ATV, so it was great! Lunch was also spectacular!

We did this as a half day, and in the afternoon we did white water rafting- I would definitely recommend doing a combination tour like we did!

Visited March 2014