“great place to stay friendly staff”
Review of Posada Del Arenal

Posada Del Arenal
Reviewed 25 December 2011

I stayed at Posado Inn during Christmas time and the staff at was more then accommodiating. The breakfast was excellent and if you wanted any special requests they were sure to do those for you. The rooms were big and the showers were hot. It was close enough to town that I could walk everywhere I wanted to go. Elaine was very helpful on arranging tours. Carmen is an excellent cook. It was very quite so you could get a good nite sleep.There is a outdoor kitchen that you can use to cook meals and there is a bakery a few steps away that is open 24 hours a day. I highly recommend Posado Inn

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Phillip L

Reviewed 24 December 2011

I have stayed at La Fortuna twice before but never found a place
I really felt comfortable in.
I was referred by a friend to stay at Posado
Inn and I was not disappointed at all. We stayed in a room with a double bed and a bunk bed with a private bathroom on the second floor. The shower was hot and the bathroom was big.
The room was big and it came with two fans which was more then what we needed to stay comfortable in the evening. Elaine was more then helpful on telling us where to go to get things we needed. Carmen was vey sweet and makes the best breakfast I have ever had in Costa Rica. She even made my son hard boiled eggs. The whole staff was very accommodating on whatever your needs may be. I almost forgot there is a kitchen that you can use to cook your meals which is a big bonus. It is really close to town which makes it easy for the people who do not have a car. There is very secure parking if you do have a car.I can honestly say that you will not be disappointed when choosing Posado Inn for a place to stay.

Room Tip: Room number 9 is a great room big and comfortable enough for a family
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JillWashington
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We had a wonderful experience at Posada Inn! We were in La Fortuna for two days and wanted to make the most of our time there. The people at Posada went out of their way to accommodate us: cooked us special requests (empanadas), showed us cool places to explore that are not in the guide books, set up an awesome excursion to the hot springs as well as a guided hike, recommended good local eats, even took me to the pharmacy when I had a headache and showed me what to ask for. It was a very welcoming place with a personal feel.

The set up is very nice as well. The rooms are clean and airy, there is a cute kitchen and outdoor breakfast area complete with hammocks, and beautiful landscaping. Walking distance to everything and next door to a awesome bakery that is open 24 hrs. I highly recommend Posada Inn!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary A
Reviewed 21 November 2011

This hostel was a breath of fresh air! After walking up and down the main street Elaine (who works at the hostel) waived to us to come over. The hostel rooms were nice and bright, the room we stayed in had a private bathroom and a double bed on the second floor of the house. The view from our window was lovely and set up the perfect base for exploring La Fortuna. We paid $10 each for each night and we were not disappointed. Breakfast was included every morning that included fresh fruit, gallo pinto, bread and eggs cooked to order plus tea or coffee. Elaine was friendly informative and fun. She walked a group of us to the La Fortuna River and was always at the hostel to welcome us back. I highly recommend this hostel to travelers who like to rest during the night and explore all day. Also, tickets to Baldi Hotsprings including dinner are $25 at La Posada which is the cheapest price in town.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Lets start with the basics. The Posada Inn is budget accommodation in La Fortuna. It has some rooms with shared bathrooms and others set back away from the road with private bathrooms. The rooms are basic but spacious, clean and have hot water. It is lovely and quiet with a tranquil garden. A fantastic breakfast is included in the price (eggs, toast, fruit, rice and beans, ask for some of Carmen's amazing sausage!) and it is served in the covered outdoor kitchen which you are also free to use during your stay. At $15 pp a night forthr private bathroom rooms with all this it is incredible value.

What really makes this place special is the people. The manager Carmen is so friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble. We were booked to stay for 3 nights but I became unwell on the first night and Carmen and Elaine (who runs costaricainnature.com and helps out here) were so good to us as my wife got more concerned about me. In the end we were forced to travel to San Carlos to hospital where I had an emergency appendectomy. We were away for 3 nights but they kept our room and watched our things and kept on touch checking up on how we were and what was happening. On our return they moved us to a downstairs room and really took such great care of us till we left.

If you want a luxury hotel then look elsewhere but if you want to stay in the best place in La Fortuna look no further - and be sure to say hi to Carmen and Elaine!

Oh they also organise great tours and can provide you with a wealth of great local information.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank mptopham
Reviewed 3 November 2011

This place has everything
Clean rooms, best prices. The breakfast has fruits, typical Costa Rican rice and beans, bread, juice, coffee, eggs.and if you have a special request, they accommadate you .You won't go away hungry. I like the shared kitchen. It has all the items you need to make your lunch and dinner..Carmen helps with all your questions and cooks awesome...
I will stay in Posada Inn while visiting La Fortuna for sure..

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Very nice room with clean bathroom.
Breakfast is absolutely amazing! Every day we enjoyed delicious fruit and the best gallo pinto in town.
And there are hammocks in the garden...perfect for relaxing after a long day.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends