“Amazing place...sad to leave”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Jessie J
Florida
“Amazing place...sad to leave”
Reviewed 14 March 2011 for a stay in February 2011

We stayed at the Villa Hermosa for four days on the first leg of our Costa Rica vacation. Wendy and Dave were fabulous from the get-go, from booking to answering my questions to recommending restaurants and activities, to providing maps and directions. They went above and beyond. They were so helpful when our rental car started acting up, helping us track down a replacement. They were lifesavers for charging our phones when the jack in the car was one of the things that broke. They even let us use their washer and dryer when we were caught in the rain three of the four days we were there. Not to mention the absolutely delicious breakfasts every morning.

The house and property were beautiful. The bed was comfy, the room was large and airy, and the shower was huge. The outside seating areas were so nice and we loved having breakfast outside. Our time at the Villa Hermosa has turned us into birdwatchers. We spent hours sitting outside the house watching all the varieties congregate at the bird feeder and hanging bananas. Dave was great at identifying what we were seeing.

This was our first trip to Costa Rica and I can't think of a better place to start our trip than at the Villa Hermosa. We were sad to leave, especially since the volcano finally decided to show himself on the morning of our last day.

We loved every minute and can't wait to go back. Wendy and Dave (and Madi and Moto) are the best. I would recommend the Villa Hermosa to anyone staying the Arenal area.

Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
jmw979s
Kansas City, Missouri
“True paradise can be found at Villa Hermosa, as well as the best hosts you can imagine!”
Reviewed 14 March 2011 for a stay in March 2011

My friends and I took a 'girlcation' to Costa Rica and stumbled upon the reviews for Villa Hermosa when booking our stay in Arenal. Everyone raved about the place, so we thought we'd try it too.

I can say with certainty that we were not disappointed! Wendy and Dave were amazing hosts. Even prior to our arriving in Costa Rica, Wendy would take the time to answer any questions we had and even followed up with our rental car company when they didn't respond to us. She was so pleasant and helpful in her answers that we couldn't wait to meet her in person!

Wendy and Dave really are the best hosts. They brought us a lovely breakfast every morning and made sure that we awoke with fresh coffee and a Good Morning note. Their guest house was very clean and comfortable (even with 4 girls in one room). The outdoor living space was so unique and beautiful; adding wonderful charm to the house and also let you be 'one with nature'. The pool was pristine and elegant. There were even little trails that you could explore and see unique birds and other wildlife. So great!!

My least favorite part of our stay was saying goodbye to Villa Hermosa and Dave and Wendy (and the dogs). We certainly didn't have another stay like it during our trip, and I'd be surprised to find a similar experience anywhere I go from here on!

Even after we left, Dave came to the rescue after I was bitten by a spider on the road trip to our next destination. We called them and he advised me on what to do, and I will forever be grateful to him for his sound advice. Simply two of the greatest people in all of Costa Rica! I cannot recommend them enough...if you're staying in Arenal, stay at Villa Hermosa!!

Travelling group: With Friends
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
KansasCit...
Kansas City, Missouri
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 13 March 2011 for a stay in March 2011

Villa Hermosa is heaven on earth! Wendy and Dave are absolutely amazing and their property is beautiful. Wendy and Dave even helped us with our stay in Costa Rica after we left and explored other parts of the country.

The second I reached out to Wendy over email I was received with such a positive and helpful attitude. Wendy provided perspective on what we needed to pack, where we should rent a car, stay in San Jose and answered any additional crazy questions we had as we prepared for our trip. When the rental company wasn’t responding, Wendy even called to make sure we had transportation! Amazing.

When we arrived I was taken back with how beautiful their property is. While we didn’t have time for the pool, or the BBQ pit I would have loved to stay a couple extra days and take advantage of them. I was, however, able to get up at sunrise one day and walk their garden and take some beautiful pictures of their tropical plants and birds.

I highly recommend staying at Villa Hermosa, they will take you in and treat you like family.

Travelling group: Friends
Reviewed 7 March 2011 for a stay in February 2011

MIchigan
Reviewed 6 March 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: the tropical beauty and the indoor outdoor living
Liked least: the weather did not cooperate for our trip
Your age range 35-44
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Families with young children
Luxury-minded travelers
kacey21
home
“Did not want to Leave!”
Reviewed 6 March 2011 for a stay in February 2011

We have to agree with ALL the reviews! We stayed for 2 nights with our 6 year old son. Wendy and Dave are the Best Hosts... and its True the home and beautifully landscaped grounds are even better in person. A fantastic place to stay and we hope to come back again. Thank you soooo very much... The Frisch Family

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Luxury-minded travelers
New York City
Reviewed 27 February 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Your age range 55-64
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Tourists Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing