“Gorgeous Place Located Right At the Base of Arenal!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arenal Hostel Resort

Arenal Hostel Resort
GreenLeadersGold level
Arlington, Virginia
“Gorgeous Place Located Right At the Base of Arenal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We only stayed one night but I loved this place! Gorgeous courtyard with lots of hammocks, a pool, internet, etc. Friendly staff, clean accommodations, comfy beds. Complimentary drinks on check-in, super cool to hang out in the space! No complaints and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Newport, RI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have to say when you stay in hostels or basic accommodations you don't really expect much except a bed, hopefully a clean room and cool people! Well at the Arenal Hostel Resort I got so much more. From the moment I stepped foot in the office, Jose, was overly helpful with every request I had. He helped book me in to the Baldi Hot Springs on a moments notice, then he tried to get through to Tica bus for me (kept trying for 2 days until he got through). When we realized the night bus was sold out he helped organize a speedy ride for me to San Jose. He went above and beyond and did so with a big smile and no eye rolling or complaints (as I'd experienced in other hostels). They welcome you with a drink and the rooms are clean and comfy. Nice breakfast and pool...walk to everything in town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I only spent one night here, but if we'd been in La Fortuna longer we'd have definitely made this our base - it was absolutely perfect!

Room was huge and spotless with a great big bathroom. Was slightly worried about noise as it was downstairs by the pool, but we had no problems at all and slept great.

Bar/pool area is brilliant and we enjoyed a few drinks and a dip there, as well as breakfast which was cheap and yummy.

Best thing about the hostel is definitely the staff, who were super helpful and friendly. Our bags had gone missing from our flight and we asked the airline to send them on to the hostel ahead of our arrival. This was no problem and they staff took care of them and communicated with us to let us know they had them safely.

Location also great for anything in Arenal/La Fortuna area - don't miss the free swimming hole 15mins walk away!

Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014
Hendersonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Arenal Hostel Resort was awesome. Jenny was great and set up my tours for me. I had to switch rooms because is decided to stay longer and it was to a larger room with full size beds. They didn't charge me more money. They treat their guest great. I would stay there again. I would recommend the Arenal Hostel Resort to anyone going to La Fortuna.
I made a good friend.

Thanks
Jenny

Jeffrey

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

There are some great stuff about it and some not so much. We got a private room right next to the kitchen/pool/bar area and couldn't sleep past 7am when everyone headed out for breakfast as the walls are super thin. Except that everything was great! The kitchen is good, the location is great and the secure parking is awesome. At least 3 supermarkets in 5 minutes radius. Butcher shop and a fresh fruit stand right next to the parking lot. The grounds like many other travellers said are beautiful and very well maintained. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Beware that the night guard only speaks Spanish so we had some trouble communicating when we arrived late at night. We never ate from the bar/local food stand but all the food is frozen and we've seen the cook lady drop the food a few times on a few different occasions on the floor and then pick it up and serve to customers regardless

Room Tip: Do not stay in any rooms near the kitchen pool area unless you don't plan to sleep in
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at this hostel for four nights in one of their 6 bed dorm rooms and truly loved the experience. The staff and bartenders were all friendly and spoke good english. The location of the hostel was very convenient. The supermarket, laundromat and many restaurants were all within short walking distance. The hostel itself has a good design and there are many spots to privately sit and chill outside of your room. And there is a morning breakfast buffet that is quite tasty, I ate it everyday that I was there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Outstanding in so many ways. Stay here. Everything from the service, location, and overall beauty of the place makes it easily the best hostel I've ever stayed in. My only complaint, if I had to make one would be the rooms are quite dark.

• Stayed March 2014