“Clean. Convenient. Awesome!”

Arenal Hostel Resort
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Friendly attentive staff. Good bar. well kept grounds and facilities. good communal kitchen for cooking. next to the bus stop and in the middle of town close to all the excusions. also have sister hostel in tamarindo with shuttles. great experience there and in the tamarindo location! will definately stay with them again!

• Stayed: June 2014
There are newer reviews for Arenal Hostel Resort

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We only stayed the one night as we were passing through however we wished we could've stayed longer!! The hostel staff was fantastic. Some of the best we had encountered!! They were extremely helpful and super knowledgeable when helping us plan our excisions and also had discounts available.
The room was very comfortable and really clean as well as the main courtyard!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 12 June 2014

It's a 5 star hostel, and you pay it for. Well located, good services and tour desk available. Probably the best hostel room I've seen in Central America, clean, great mattress, huge bathroom with hot water, AC. Awesome common area with swimming pool and great hammocks. Helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We only stayed one night but I loved this place! Gorgeous courtyard with lots of hammocks, a pool, internet, etc. Friendly staff, clean accommodations, comfy beds. Complimentary drinks on check-in, super cool to hang out in the space! No complaints and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have to say when you stay in hostels or basic accommodations you don't really expect much except a bed, hopefully a clean room and cool people! Well at the Arenal Hostel Resort I got so much more. From the moment I stepped foot in the office, Jose, was overly helpful with every request I had. He helped book me in to the Baldi Hot Springs on a moments notice, then he tried to get through to Tica bus for me (kept trying for 2 days until he got through). When we realized the night bus was sold out he helped organize a speedy ride for me to San Jose. He went above and beyond and did so with a big smile and no eye rolling or complaints (as I'd experienced in other hostels). They welcome you with a drink and the rooms are clean and comfy. Nice breakfast and pool...walk to everything in town.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I only spent one night here, but if we'd been in La Fortuna longer we'd have definitely made this our base - it was absolutely perfect!

Room was huge and spotless with a great big bathroom. Was slightly worried about noise as it was downstairs by the pool, but we had no problems at all and slept great.

Bar/pool area is brilliant and we enjoyed a few drinks and a dip there, as well as breakfast which was cheap and yummy.

Best thing about the hostel is definitely the staff, who were super helpful and friendly. Our bags had gone missing from our flight and we asked the airline to send them on to the hostel ahead of our arrival. This was no problem and they staff took care of them and communicated with us to let us know they had them safely.

Location also great for anything in Arenal/La Fortuna area - don't miss the free swimming hole 15mins walk away!

Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Arenal Hostel Resort was awesome. Jenny was great and set up my tours for me. I had to switch rooms because is decided to stay longer and it was to a larger room with full size beds. They didn't charge me more money. They treat their guest great. I would stay there again. I would recommend the Arenal Hostel Resort to anyone going to La Fortuna.
I made a good friend.