“Fun Ride!”

Cabalgata Don Tobias
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The excursion, which takes place 100% on horseback, begins at the farm stables of Don Tobias. There, a professional team of guides prepares visitors with relevant information. Children's equipment is also available. Almost all of the excursion takes place on private land, crossing rivers and jungle, crossing second generation forest and primary forest, as well as beautiful pastures some of which are used for cattle, visitors will see the magnificent Arenal Volcano that accompanies the Visitors throughout the trip. Departure: 8:30 am or 1:30 p.mDuration: 3 hours Includes: Transportation, guide, equipment, water.Sugested Equipment: long trousers, cool shirts, binoculars, cameras, sunscreen and repellent Of insects.
Reviewed 14 March 2014

One of my favorite adventures was Cabalgatas Don Tobias. Riding horses is my passion and one of my favorite hobbies. What I really liked was how precautious they were with the people that were riding horses for the first time. It is a fun experience, and I recommend it for everybody of all ages. It is really safe once you follow the instructions given by the tour guides.
It was an awesome adventure. I had more freedom to ride the horse around because I had a lot more experience than some people in my group. The horses are really calm and it makes it easy to ride them for people that had no experience. I highly recommend to do the Cabalgata Don Tobias.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I am not the most experience of horseback riders, it had been years since I had rode a horse, but I knew what I was doing when it came to just strolling the trail with my horse. I would have to say that this was one of my favorite excursions that I had the chance to take part in while in Costa Rica! I had the opportunity to take out Caramello, a wonderful horse that did not give me any problems while riding. The horses they provide for people to ride are friendly and they know the trail very well so don't let that scare you. If you were to fall behind or have any issues with your horse, a guide would make sure everything was okay before you were to move on. That is good for beginners so they don't fear their horse as they continue. If you are afraid to take out a horse because you have never been, you can always ask for a lazy one!
The tour guides are phenomenal people who do nothing but the best to help you and make sure everything is going well for you and your horse. The trail is an awesome trail to ride, especially with beautiful weather like we were having that day. The trail was a beautiful, with so many sights to see, and peaceful one to ride a horse on. There were little streams, big (but not scary) mountains for the horse to go up and down, and the volcano was even there. It was an awesome tour to take with such a wonderful horse. I also went with a larger group that made it fun to ride and to watch how the others took care of their horses. This is an excursion I would definitely do again.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

This was an amazing experience for me. I'd never really been interested in horse riding, but I went along for the adventure and absolutely fell in love. I was part of a large group of mostly inexperienced riders, so we went at a comfortably slow pace. The guides were very helpful, and the horses were just delightful. They followed the most beautiful paths through the Costa Rican hills, over small streams and past the most picturesque waterfall.
The horses were calm and seemed easy to lead, making this perfect for the inexperienced rider. We had one participant who was far more comfortable with horses, and he was allowed to ride faster and prance about on his horse, which was a real joy to watch. This was a really great atmosphere for any level of experience, from what I saw. Nothing too scary for a beginner, but opportunity for more challenge and speed for the more practiced rider. This would be a great adventure for a family with children in love with horses!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Our family has a challenging array of enthusiastic to insecure riders. Our guide Eric made adjustments on the fly to accommodate everyone.
Everyone enjoyed their ride and the landscapes, views and wildlife on these private lands are breathtaking.
We were even able to spot some wild pigs while traversing small streams and challenging hillscapes.
The horses are well maintained, obedient and surefooted.
The short break from the saddle at Benedictus Restaurant offered beautiful vistas and an excellent smoothie.
A wonderful experience

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Don Tobias' ranch was recommended by some friends who are experienced riders. So am I, and I asked for a private tour since I wasn't keen on being in a group with first timers. Well, this was a great ride with a lot of trotting and cantering up and down the hills. The scenery is breathtaking and the horses are all well cared for. I would definitely chose Don Tobias again when next coming to La Fortuna.