“Helpful and trustworthy folks you can rely on at PACR”

Paradise Adventures Costa Rica
More attraction details
Owner description: PACR is one of Costa Rica's top rated Adventure Experts providing visitors with first hand travel advice and recommendation, creating tailored vacations filled with memories that last a lifetime. family owned and operated, Wife Sofia, Daughter Valentina and Jonathan Together we use our skills and experience to represent and preserve the local cultures, insuring vacationers discover the true Costa Rican charm. Our expertise, passion, respect for Costa Ricans, positive vibe and one of a kind services guarantee you or your group a visit to Costa Rica unlike any other. Paradise Adventures Costa Rica is here to insure our new friends a comfortable and safe journey while visiting La Fortuna and the many other amazing locations found throughout Costa Rica. The PACR crew awaits the opportunity to meet like-minded people looking to discover the authentic, less commercialized Costa Rica; experience the Magic with us today.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My friend and I went to Costa Rica last week without doing much homework on the activities that were offered. I sent a few emails to Jonny at Paradise Adventures Costa Rica (PACR) late one evening, he responded quickly, and we were booked on a tour the very next morning. He personally came over to help us out, answer questions, and spent time talking to us about the rest of our vacation in other areas. He was so helpful, and knows the area very well. If you need help, give Jonny a call, you'll be glad you did. We wouldn't have had nearly the wonderful experience in Costa Rica without him.

JonnyTee, Owner at Paradise Adventures Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Gratitude,
Our phone is on 24/7; your calls and e-mails excite us as we know the outcome. The combination or Pura Vida and adrenalin has the same effect on us all, playing outside in nature recharges our inner child and grounds us so that we can see things as they are, naturally, innocently, eliminating negative thoughts of fears, judgment and competition. Adrenalin filled adventure are good for the mind, body and soul, thank you for allowing us to prove it, Pura Vida, Jonny

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Sophia and Johnny were incredible in making our stay in La Fortuna as amazing and awesome as possible. They were over-the-top accommodating in booking adventures and activities for us. They absolutely know their stuff, having gone on all the adventures in the area and only working with the ones they like best. This was very evident in the authenticity of the tours and incredible experiences we had.

1) White Water Raftings (Class V). Sophia highly recommended this activity when we said we had a day to kill and weren't sure how to spend it. We had an absolute blast! The bus picked us up at our accommodations exactly when we were told it would, drove 45 mins to the starting point where we had a safety course and met the guides. The ride there was hilarious - Danny the photographer and Jose the group leader are hilarious and will have you laughing the whole way. Our raft's guide Alejandro was awesome, super informative and safety conscious - yet made sure the rafting was especially exciting. Through a light rapid he had us spinning the boat the whole time - 1080 rapid - EPIC. We stopped off for a snack of watermelon and pineapple, which were essential as everyone was parched at that point. The rapids were a blast, a couple of us got tossed, but it's not nearly as intimidating as you would think.. so don't worry about that. After the rafting we went to an organic farm in the mountains for an authentic farm-fresh meal, learned about the growing methods on the farm and tried some home-made sugar-cane liquor!

2) They also set us up with Baldi Hot Spring passes, including buffet dinner! Everyone will tell you that this spring is the best, and they wouldn't be lying. It is ENORMOUS and there are pools of every temperature! The whole thing is fully surrounded by authentic jungle and the vibe is excellent. If you're looking to get your heartrate up, there is a waterslide toward the far-end of the resort that is absolutely mental! You come shooting out the end of it completely airborne at a ridiculous speed, nothing like I've ever experienced.

Enough of my blabbering - these guys were incredible in pointing us in the right direction, giving us all kinds of tips, and sharing a beer with us when we just wanted to hang out for a minute. Let me repeat - you CANNOT beat these guys, they made us feel like family!

1  Thank Christopher D

Thanks for the praise dude, happy to have helped you and your friends in your adventure plans, we share our knowledge with passion to insure visitors can experience activities and build memories they came for, rather than take part in lines and long waits for tour company profits. PACR only works with companies that have the same respect for visitors and the Pura Vida, we could not do this alone, thanks to our friends at Costa Rica Descents for once again living up to their reputation. The Best or Nothing, Go Big Or Go Home...

Reviewed 9 March 2014

My many thanks will never be enough to characterize the fantastic tours myself and boyfriend experienced. Upon arrival at Cabinas La Cataratas, we had an idea of things we would like to take in within the Fortuna area. With 5 days to burn, Jonny gave us an inside look of the tours he offers...

Now let's get something clear right off the bat, Jonny and Sophia have done every single trip they offer. They have meet and frequently talk with the tour guides with each company and are aware of everything going on to maximize your stay and have the tour you select run perfectly. They want you to go on a safe, reputable tour and come back thrilled. They also aren't out to get your money and collect "commission" as recently described in a previous (only negative review) If you were to sit on the street and watch all of the tour vendors and companies, you would see every one asking or approaching passer-by's. Not here, ever. Step into the comfy office right across the street from Lava Lounge, the doors are always open and hammocks available to chill out in or wait. They want to provide you with the safest tour options.

We went on the ziplining, rappelling and horseback tour (AMAZING) as well as whitewater rafting on the Balsa Rio (AMAZING). Jonny also hooked us up with taxi services, also to Baldi Hot Springs (Jaw-dropping)

THANKS JONNY, SOPHIA & PACR Family

D & T

JonnyTee, Owner at Paradise Adventures Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thanks for sharing your positive experience in La Fortuna and clearing a few things up for other travelers using TripAdvisor, the world’s number one trusted travel site, helping vacationers gather travel information using unbiased reviews and opinions of travel-related content.
PACR’s idea is to make visitors comfortable and welcomed, our office is another one of our homes, come on in, sit down and let’s talk Pura Vida...
PACR does not run an auction, our prices are from the companies, no inflation is done to give the false concept of a discount.
Taking part in the many adventures allows us to determine which companies are worthy of our representation, with over 90 different activities listed on TripAdvisor there are sure to be some pricey, time consuming tours. Thanks again, The PACR Crew

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

We booked our trip through a company called Paradise Adventures Costa Rica (PACR) and were lucky enough to meet one of the owners, Sophia, who was very welcoming and made sure that we were well taken care of! If you plan to book adventure tours during your stay I highly recommend booking though PACR, the other owner Johny has been on every tour in La Fortuna and only books with the best! My boyfriend and I visited La Fortuna for 5 days and did a lot of fun activities during our stay but this was by far our favorite! Our guides, Carlos and Marvin, were hospitable, knowledgable, and above all super fun and made the grueling hike a blast! The hike was challenging but worth every bit of effort! After the hike Carlos and Marvin were so polite to invite us to a local swimming spot (el salta) were we could jump off of small waterfalls and swing on a rope swing. We then joined back with our group and headed to the free hot springs, a must do!

JonnyTee, Owner at Paradise Adventures Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Thanks for your review, feeling the love :)
Glad you enjoyed the Cerro Chatto full day hike, it is one of our favs, the 1200 meter hike up the mountain is one of the most exerting hikes available and so worth it, good job...
The guides are as important as the location; the PACR crew only works with certified naturalist guides with years of experience, passion and respect for Mother Nature; I will be sure to thank Carols and Marvin for their professionalism and authentic Costa Rican charm.
Visitors to PACR will always meet one of the owners, our love for nature and addiction to adventure comes to us naturally; this cannot be trained.
Sharing our stories and experiences with others is what we are here to do; we could not do it without you, thanks for trusting PACR,
Jonny and Sofia

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I went on a family vacation to La Fortuna and made a hotel reservation via Air B and B for a lovely cabin owned by Félix, a Costa Rican. We were sent informational emails by Jonny and told to arrive at his office so he could tell us how to get to where we were going to stay. He launched into an unsolicited speech about the tours we could do in the area without us and tried to strongarm us into doing tours we didn't want to do (so he could get his commission). When we said we weren't ready to decide on tours and just wanted to go to our cabin, he gave us directions to get there (ie. I wasn't necessary for us to meet up with him, but he wanted to be a middle man to "get to us first" and sign us up for tours. Later that night he saw us inquiring about tours in other businesses and got angry, calling us rude and demanding the FREE tourist map that he had given us earlier back, saying that they were only for "HIS" customers. By making a reservation at a hotel that IS NOT his, he decided to make me HIS customer, not listen to me, and then cause a scandal while I was involved in a perfectly normal activity of seeking out information and investigating my options. All travelers know your first option isn't always the best, and it's smart to shop around. Jonny takes advantage of "helping" a Costan Rican cabin owner who doesn't speak English to as to try to swoop in on newcomers and send them on tours from which to get a commission. Unless you are in the mood to be emotionally blackmailed or manipulated, I would go with any of the multiple other tour options in La Fortuna.

5  Thank MaggieVV
JonnyTee, Owner at Paradise Adventures Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

This family contacted me online through my website; I spent a few weeks working with them to make arrangements, answering all their questions of the location and activities. The father asked me repeatedly if he needs to make reservation for activities ahead of time and I told him, it is better to meet in person upon arrival, I enjoy meeting and interacting with my visitors and we can plan your activities together with the whole family. He was excited and even had further inquiries after viewing the information on PACR's website. They knew I was helping a local who does not speak English, I have been living there for 4 years and loved the place and wanted more to experience it. As a host I like to meet the guest I am hosting and provide them with proper direction to the cabin as well as any other information they require. When the family arrived I sat them down and explained some of the areas activates based on my first hand experience; like we do for all of our visitors. One hour later the customers left with smiles on all their faces, shaking hands and appreciative for my advice and guidance; they assured me they will be back later to reserve some adventures for the next morning. I told them that my wife will be here waiting, if something comes up to please let me know. My wife waited for hours and I decided to take a walk with my daughter to see if the customer showed up. On the way to PACR I saw the family in another tour office with a handful of flyers and wasting another operator's time. I simply said hello and WOW out of disappointment. . All travelers can do as they please .but I believe it is only fair for the host to greet and share their expertise with people they have been in contact with to protect the customer, their investment and reputation. PACR has been on TripAdvisor for a few years now and had a perfect score for a reason, we do not do what we do for money, that is secondary... we do what we do out of love, passion and respect for this amazing place. So sad that years of growing a perfect reputation on TripAdvisor can potentially be ruined by such disrespect. Readers and PACR fans please disregard this review, it is not who we really are, read our previous reviews from respectful appreciative friends to find the truth.