“Very good steaks!”

Steak House el Tobogan
Cuisines: Central American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 1/4 Novillo Tenderloin Steak House el Tobogán is a family restaurant Characterized by specialty meat originating in the area offering: Tenderloin, T-bon Steak Churrasco steak and a reasonable price, having a menu for different tastes: salads, rice, chicken, seafood, burgers and sandwiches and vegetarian food as well! . why the name Tobogán ? , Because you will find a large slide = Tobogán with a large pissina restaurant that is part of !...
Memphis, Tennessee
“Very good steaks!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We went here for dinner after it was recommended by a friend. Great steaks!! The prices were reasonable and the waiter was very nice. Look for the sign with a white cow on it, and located next to a water slide.

Visited April 2014

Herts
“A really enjoyable meal”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed 2 nights in La Fortuna. Ate in the hotel the first night so keen to do something different. This place was recommended by our guide. Probably wouldn't have stopped there without recommendation as it doesn't look special but we were glad we did. Sat outside under a large awning. Garlic bread followed by Filet Mignon steak and banana Flambe cooked at the table plus a bottle of wine between us. All really tasty and fast and friendly service. Evidently this is a real family run restaurant which was nice. Great value too - cheaper than the previous night but better quality

• Visited April 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“A steak that is really half a cow”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

If you enjoy good steak this is definitely worth a visit. The restaurant itself isn't very - from the outside it looks a bit like a fast food place but the quality and quantity of the steak makes up for it. And its good value for money.

• Visited March 2014
St. Augustine, Florida
“Not your typical steak house”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

After a long hike to El Choro, I somewhat had this vision of what a perfect steak dinner would be. In my mind I had pictured a large salt encrusted baked potato, sour cream and chives. With that a juicy tender Argentina fillet and a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon. Maybe I set my self up for a disappointment but this steak house is far cry from what I imagined.

Instead, my perfect imagined steak dinner was reduced to a tough, butterflied piece of meat that words cannot describe. The baked potato was about the size of a golf ball with a fancy swish of sour cream.

I guess I set myself up of disappointment during the hike. Just don't be fooled by a restaurant calling itself a "steak" house and expecting something great.

Visited March 2014
North Carolina
“Yummy!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My husband and I ate here with our college aged children. The steaks were juicy and not overcooked. I had a salad with grilled chicken which was large and I couldn't finish it. Our server, Mauricio was so nice and the service was great. A very enjoyable lunch.

• Visited March 2014
Mauricio A, Propietario at Steak House el Tobogan, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
my friends many thanks for your comments !!!, We are very happy to know that you and your beautiful family enjoyed lunch here in the steak house el Tobogan !
Saludes : Mauricio Antonio ...