We luckily got upgraded to one of the upper chalets where the entire front is solid window with the view of the Arenal Volcano to fill it. We soaked for an hour in the perfectly heated hot tub out front, nicely secluded by bushes but with an excellent view of the all-encompasing mountain before us. It hasn't run any lava down for 6 months we were told, but we're glad we got to see this side of it. We spent the next night in la Fortuna but really glad we saw this first. Large parrots flying around, lots of wildlife, even a deer came to feed off a fruit tree in the back. There is a nature hike with an excellent, knowledgeable guide named Miguel for free (worth every tip!) that includes a stop at their butterfly garden.
The staff are very helpful and friendly. You need a vehicle to access this place and it's up a fair ways on a steep hill, so you'll probably want to stay for all your meals. Our room had a large comfy king bed with a full kitchenette and easy chairs and couch facing the mountain. Great shower!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos