We got a great rate on Arenal Lodge and loved the hotel. It was definitely older (the first built in the area) but the views are amazing. The property is huge and there are many hiking paths to explore. They keep it up nicely. There are lots of beautiful animals to see! (toucans, parrots, hummingbirds, monkeys, etc.) The pool and hottubs were a hit, and the restaurant also had a great view and delicious food.
The lobby was a nice place to lounge (something we don't normally do, but it gets dark at 6pm in Costa Rica) with chess and checkers for the kids, a nice big fireplace, and free internet connection.
The staff was extraordinarily friendly. Miguel, in particular, gave us a beautiful 2 hour tour on horseback around the property at a leisurely pace. He's great with kids and families.
The one thing they don't tell you about Arenal Lodge is that once you get to the entrance, it's another 10 minute curvy drive up a steep hill. It didn't bother us but it would've been nice to know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos