How can one describe the wonder and beauty surrounding a Volcano? Spectacular! I did it! It’s a photographer’s delight and no like anyplace you have probably been too. We drove up from Alabuela, Tambor. That was an adventure in itself. But it was the most fun we’ve had on a vacation in a while. We finally arrived at our destination and paved roads to be greeted at the front entrance pointed in the direction reception area. Old cobble stone roads greeted our kidneys on the 2 mile ride up. We pull up and the quint reception check-in area was very welcoming. We saw the dining area and everyone seemed to be and were very friendly.
We got out key and drove our 5 speed poorly underpowered car up the hill to our abode. We take our bags up and notice that there doesn’t seem to be any heating or A/C units. Hmm we just lift 97+ degree weather and no A/C. Well we found out real fast you don’t need any A/C up there. The view from our room took our breath away! It’s high up on a hill and you can see for miles.
It was pretty windy and misty every day. Something about the way the mountains and barometric pressure with wind shifts. Wait I’m no meteorologist. I have to say it was exhilarating. Had a little towel art on the bed and slept so well to the sound of something like rain. But it was mist pounding the windows. It was great. Some may find the bed a little lacking in cushioning, but we had not problems and slept very well.
Breakfast was excellent and included in our travel itinerary, dinner was on us and very reasonably priced with a large selection. The only thing they didn’t serve the volcano drink here? Huh? The view from the dining room was stunning with birds, flowers and a small mammal that I couldn’t identify. They have a book in the restaurant with picture of the animals and birds. A BIG book!
We were minutes from everything. Location was perfect. We drove into the town of La Fortuna and enjoyed one of the hot springs that was very also very popular with the locals. They don’t know the treasure they have-oh yes they do-it was packed. We did find one that was pretty empty and really enjoyed ourselves. We took in the Volcano as you can see it from everywhere. I loved that. It’s a nice hike up the mountain, so be prepared. There are swinging bridges and other attractions nearby. So we hit the jackpot with this location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos