I spent two nights at the Arenal Lodge and that was the perfect amount of time. The view of the volcano is breath taking and our room had a great porch to sit and watch the volcano, clouds, monkeys and birds. For a 3 star resort in a developing country, it's about right. The sounds proofing isn't good so bring ear plugs. But it was clean and the staff was nice. The restaurant wasn't great, so stop in town and get some snacks/drinks so you don't have to be confined to their restaurant for food all the time. It is isolated and getting into La Fortuna is $30 each way via taxi. The tours they offer at the hotel are pretty pricey and very long (7 hours or more) -- so you might want to make alternate arrangements for a tour. We took a taxi and hiked around Arenal ourselves. The staff was a little reluctant to call a taxi as they would like you to use their tours. But I was firm and we had a great taxi driver ($60 round trip for a 10 minute drive each way though). I would not stay there longer than one or two nights. There is no better view of Arenal and it's a relaxing vibe at the Arenal Lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Lodge provides guests with the excitement of staying in an authentic rainforest lodge with breathtaking panoramic views of Costa Rica’s famous Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. Guests will enjoy a casual and relaxed rustic lodge setting with the added value of a complimentary breakfast daily. Located on 2000-acres of beautiful tropical rainforest, the lodge is situated near Arenal Volcano National Park. The lodge is surrounded by rainforest - housing hundreds of exotic birds, small animals and the beautiful tropical flowers and trees of Costa Rica. and is its own local tourist attraction due to its exclusive location with breathtaking panoramic views of Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. The lodge features a full service restaurant with local and international cuisine, gift shop, three heated outdoor Jacuzzis, an infinite edge swimming pool, walking trails, a butterfly garden, horseback riding, a game room and outdoor playground for children, fitness room, sauna, and free wireless high speed internet access. Guest rooms and suites feature cable TV, telephone, coffee maker, clock radio, and all have private baths. Complimentary crib and wheel chair are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Arenal Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Lodge Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos