“A pleasant suprise”

Las Cabanitas Resort
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We stayed here as part of our EF Tour and found charming spacious Cabins with wooden floors air conditioning, comfortable beds and plenty of hot water. The room was spotlessly clean and the staff pleasant. The food was nothing fancy bit was fresh and satisfying. The grounds are very pretty. With a great view of Arenal Volcano. It is a little noisy in the morning from the roosters in the farm next door, but we had to be up early anyway.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Triptek

Reviewed 16 March 2013

This "resort" consisting of nice cabins surrounded by pretty landscaping was OK. The room was attractive and comfortable...once we obtained a remote to operate the A/C (yes, wierd). The wifi didn't reach the room and our patio didn't have a chair let alone two. A bit of a walk to town but we didn't mind the exercise and it is a nice time of year. A limited breakfast menu but still very tasty. Staff was friendly and helpful. And yes the pool was less than attractive with exposed wiring nearby on the deck.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank oregonbc
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I stayed at Las Cabanitas during a tour with gAdventures. The "resort" consists of cabins and a small, slightly dirty pool. Nobody in my tour group took a dip in there. The cabins are nice and spacious with A/C and fans. There is Wifi in the reception area which was pretty far from my cabin. I didn't like the fact that it was about a 15 minute walk from town and I didn't feel comfortable walking by myself after dark. I also had a lot of bugs in the room, potentially even bed bugs on the throw of my bed. It was fine for the three nights we stayed there, but I wouldn't have chosen the place myself and i wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dulin38
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We stayed here for three nights and it was gig enough for us. Cute cabins/bungalows with nice bathrooms. Nothing more than we expected for a three stars hotel. It raked about 15 min to walk to La Fortuna Centrum. Five min walk to the nearest supermarket and a gas station on the other side of the road. The hotel had a great and cheap laundry service and regular breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Asnnie
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We arrived and initially thought the cabins were cute, but they were not really well kept, nor clean. We found ants everywhere the next morning and we were not even keeping food inside. Looking back, that's probably why everyone had their wet clothes hanging outside, too. The breakfast was nothing special and there were no options for lunch or dinner or anything beyond soda. So, if you want something to actually eat, you need to hike about 15-20 minutes into town. Given this was about $100 a night, I think we could have done better - and so could you. This place has a lot of potential, but the cabins and beds need upgrading and the services do, too. The staff were friendly and the tour buses certainly knew where to find us, but I would not recommend staying here as a first or second choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I stayed here in June 2012 with a high school EF Tour. My cabinita was clean, comfortable & had good a/c once it was figured out. Poor water pressure and no hot water for the shower. No screens on the windows, so use care at night. I found huge insects in the bathroom when turning on the light. Pool was in poor shape and on site public telephone did not work. Food was good. Staff was pretty patient with our high schoolers. Not much to do at night

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank TerreG
Reviewed 9 August 2012

My first moments at this resort were spent on the pavement as we unloaded luggage in the driving rain at night. There is very poor lighting (true all over Costa Rica) and there was a rise in the pavement that I couldn't see so I ended up sprawled out and bleeding from a huge scrape on the knee. Scars are almost gone, two weeks later. Also, be prepared for the fact that the cabins make no numerical sense. We were in 206 - which is not anywhere near 205, which is at the end of a row. 206 is next to 170-something. Confused? Yeah, we were too. Especially in the dark and pouring rain.
Basically what I expected - damp, average cabin. There was a mounted AC, but it did nothing to dry any damp clothing so be prepared for that. The bathroom was alright. TV would not turn on though even though it was plugged in - not sure what was up with that. Disappointing, since we ended up missing the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. Oh well. Food was good.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends