It was a bit of a trek for us to arrive to the Arenal area, but once we did we were super impressed with Tabacon. At check-in, we were greated with specialty cocktails. A bell boy escorted us to our suite via golf cart because everything is spaced out. Our room was lovely! The only downside is that on-site restaurants are quite expensive. We ventured off premises one day where we had breakfast for 3 Colones, and lunch for 6 Colones. The hotel is very overpriced, we realized; however, it is worth it if you plan to spend time at the Tabacon Spa and hot water springs. It's a main tourist attraction. So, as a guest, entry to the springs is included with unlimited access. The spa is fantastic. We each had a private outdoor massage and it was lovely to be laying in the middle of nature, and to hear the animal and insect sounds during the massage treatment. The spa itself is an experience. You can lounge around all day, enjoy their drinks, bath in their hot tubs, get a massage or other treatments, etc.
I would highly recommend Tabacon to anyone who is looking for luxury!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the tropical rainforest at the base of the majestic Arenal Volcano in the northern Region of Costa Rica. This five-star carbon neutral resort offers a unique blend of nature, adventure and relaxation. A member of The Leading Hotels of the World, Tabacon provides luxurious accommodations, services and amenities in a picture-perfect natural setting. The resort's unique healing thermal mineral spring river emerge from the volcanic earth, cascading to form waterfalls, streams, tranquil pools and ponds. Explore Shangri-La Gardens an hotel guests and adults-only hideaway, delight your senses with world- class cuisine inspired by local fares or surprise that special person with a gala dinner in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the gardens is the resort's Grand Spa, member of The Leading Spas of the World which combines a beautiful location with a singular spa experience, where treatments are rendered in open air bungalows all of them with private jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tabacon Grand Hotel Thermal
- Tabacon Grand Resort Thermal
- Tabacon Resort
- Tabacon Hot Springs
- Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos