This hotel is very dated and not at all what the reviews portray. "Luxury at the front of its mind", "beautiful location". . . It is 40 minutes from Fortunas and all of the attractions that we were interested in visiting in the area. The rooms were dated and could not in any way be described as luxurious. We had two towels provided in each of the two rooms we rented (for 5 guests) and one of the four towels was completely frayed. The pool was cold, cloudy and questionable. The pool towels had to be checked out at reception which is a hike from the pool. The rooms have keys and if you are not prepared, it is easy to lock yourself out and the front desk was about a quarter mile from where we were situated. The restaurant was acceptable but not what I would consider 3 1/2 stars. It would seem to me that the very positive reviews are deceptive at best. The staff was very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standard rooms and junior suites spread over the San Carlos River Edge at Arenal Volcano Area. Exceptional Katira restaurant offering a selected international and typical menu and the best facilities in our 5 special events halls. Three swimming pools, sauna, jacuzzi, private forest, sport facilities and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tilajari Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tilajari Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tilajari Hotel Resort Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos