Stayed here two nights and just couldn't get excited about the experience. It's a large place with lots of rooms, clean and with a nice staff. The grounds are expansive with some parts being very pretty. But, some parts like the butterfly garden showed a singular lack of care. Dining area is large to accommodate tours and does a decent job of food service - but nothing memorable. Understand some of the rooms have been more updated than others. We were supposed to be in such a room but found it very lackluster. In fairness, some of the folks we accompanied seemed to find it a fine place. Feel that the whole place may be resting a bit of past reputation and needs a facelift to bring it back to life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standard rooms and junior suites spread over the San Carlos River Edge at Arenal Volcano Area. Exceptional Katira restaurant offering a selected international and typical menu and the best facilities in our 5 special events halls. Three swimming pools, sauna, jacuzzi, private forest, sport facilities and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tilajari Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tilajari Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tilajari Hotel Resort Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos