We stayed here for 7 nights during our 3 week stay in Costa Rica. It is well located for travel to the many surrounding attractions particularly in the Aranal volcano area. The grounds are very extensive with the substatial Tarcoles river running along one side. Much wildlife including sloths, iguanas, lizards and crocodiles (on the far river bank) can be seen around the grounds. Look out for the iguana that has taken the wall overlooking the pool as his own. The highlight though has to be the birds which are attracted by fruit left outside the open air restaurant by staff at breakfast time. There are numerous varieities and are very close for viewing. The rooms are good sized, comfortable with ample facilities. Staff are good and friendly. The food is fresh, tasty and hot. There is a choice between buffet or a la carte, both very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standard rooms and junior suites spread over the San Carlos River Edge at Arenal Volcano Area. Exceptional Katira restaurant offering a selected international and typical menu and the best facilities in our 5 special events halls. Three swimming pools, sauna, jacuzzi, private forest, sport facilities and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tilajari Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tilajari Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tilajari Hotel Resort Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos