It's nice to be outside the main tourist area, especially with the volcano no longer glowing, just be aware it will take 1/2hr or so to drive to the Arenal Volcano National Park. The road there is mostly paved now, whoohoo. Lovely property, huge iguanas walking around and climbing in the trees. Great variety of birds - very nice touch that the staff places bananas in feeders outside the restaurant in the morning, so you have great bird viewing during breakfast. What a treat to sit outside your room in an Adirondack chair early in the morning, sipping coffee, and watching this tropical scenery. The road noise from Rt 35 can be a bit much, mostly the trucks using their Jake brakes as they approach the intersection with Rt 4, unfortunate, otherwise it would be even more idyllic. Very friendly and attentive staff. Good breakfast buffet and very nice a la carte dinner in an open air restaurant, surprisingly few flies or other flying insects. Nice pool and hot tub. So the pool shower does not have hot water, you are just rinsing off, right? Super clean grocery store, as well as a gas station and ATM right by the intersection. Trips can be booked through front desk if you don't want to drive anywhere. Wifi good in restaurant and out on the restaurant deck overlooking the river (peaceful), but not in the rooms. The butterfly garden was small but nice. Parking is in front of your building, very handy.
Don't leave any food in the room or you may attract a tribe of teeny weeny ants (yes, they marched through the zipper of the zip lock bag). Some holes in the bathroom tiles could be repaired. Room was basic, but good size and comfortable bed. Could have used a chair or two, only place to sit was the bed. Stayed 2 nights and would stay here again any time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standard rooms and junior suites spread over the San Carlos River Edge at Arenal Volcano Area. Exceptional Katira restaurant offering a selected international and typical menu and the best facilities in our 5 special events halls. Three swimming pools, sauna, jacuzzi, private forest, sport facilities and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tilajari Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tilajari Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Tilajari Hotel Resort Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos