We stayed at Los Lagos for one night on our tour through Costa Rica. The room was rather dated and definitely nothing fancy. The grounds were ok. The pool is nice and has water slides that are fun. Some of the pools are hot springs and some are not. We did get to check out the crocodiles, butterflies, and frogs and that was a nice free addition if your staying at the hotel. I also liked the restaurant and had a nice dinner, but it was not cheap. Breakfast is included in the morning, which seemed to be typical at most hotels.
I think my main issue is that for the higher price charged here I thought the room was disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos