We stayed 2 nights at Los Lagos during a 9-day trip to Costa Rica. This was the worst hotel we stayed in. We had difficulty in getting a confirmation for our sleeping room; the food is over-priced, and the staff indifferent. I would not recommend this property to anyone. It took many attempts through emails, faxes and finally a phone call to receive a confirmation that we were booked there. They seemed truly baffled that I would request such a thing. When we checked in, we (and all other guests) were forced to wear a silly arm band to identify us as "real guests." I felt like we were in camp. The first night our toilet overflowed and it took many calls to the front desk to get someone to come to our room to fix it. One morning, we attempted to call another guest room from the front desk but the staff could not figure out how to do that! The food was terrible, service was even worse. To get a cup of coffee, you had to tackle a waiter and beg for a cup. We were there on Christmas Eve, and they had a "special" meal for $50 a person. Since we were a family of 4, there was no way I was going to spend $200 on a meal that my kids would not eat. (Only days before at another hotel, we had eaten a 4 course gourmet meal for $17 each.) We finally convinced them to let us share meals to save a few dollars. And as anticipated, the food was awful. There are many lovely places to stay around Arenal. Choose one of them. Avoid this hotel at all costs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano Resort with 1050 acres of tropical forest and wide landscapes, clear, safe and spectacular view to Arenal Volcano, wide tropical gardens with butterflies, frogs, crocodiles and leave cutter ants. An exclusive resort with its own 13 platform Canopy Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, and spectacular observation point at the property, other facilities is an exclusive Spa facing a primary forest and surroundings of water and their signature Arenal Volcano Clay Wrap. At Los Lagos Resort we offer 7 different pools, 4 with natural hot springs and 3 regular water pools available. We offer 98 rooms, International restaurant, souvenir shop, tours, web bar and free internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa And Resort
- Los Lagos Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Los Lagos
- Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort Costa Rica/La Fortuna De San Carlos